HTML5 client on BBB 1.1-beta

Ed Bobkov

Jan 13, 2017, 1:51:28 AM1/13/17
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Does it work for the latest version of BBB 1.1-beta? Can I install it as it described here: http://docs.bigbluebutton.org/html/html5-dev.html#installation-of-the-html5-client-component

Installation of the HTML5 client componentAnchor link for: installation of the html5 client component

Note that if you followed the steps to install the HTML5 client from packages you already have Meteor installed and you already have the /etc/bigbluebutton/nginx/html5.nginx configuration. You can proceed straight toRunning

or should I follow this instruction, given at http://docs.bigbluebutton.org/html/html5-overview.html

Try out the HTML5 client by installing it from packagesAnchor link for: try out the html5 client by installing it from packages

If you are running BigBlueButton 1.0, you can easily add the HTML5 client to your server so you can try it out. These are the steps to add it:

$ sudo apt-get install bbb-html5
$ sudo bbb-conf --restart

Fred Dixon

Jan 13, 2017, 8:39:22 AM1/13/17
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ed,

> If you are running BigBlueButton 1.0, you can easily add the HTML5 client to your server so you can try it out.

We have not yet published documentation on running a development build of the HTML5 client with BigBlueButton 1.1-beta.    We continue to work on the HTML5 client and, now that we've reached the milestone of BigBlueButton 1.1-beta, we're working towards a developer release of the HTML5 client for 1.1-beta.

We'll post to bigbluebutton-dev when the developer release of the HTML5 client is available.

Regards,... Fred

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton