Installation

Eoma Hellas

Sep 12, 2016, 3:12:19 PM9/12/16
to BigBlueButton-Setup
I trying to understand how bigblubutton operates but I cannot download it. Also, how can I register so as to use it for a long time?

Fred Dixon

Sep 12, 2016, 3:48:18 PM9/12/16
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eoma,

There isn't any need to register.  The steps to setup BigBlueButton on your own server are here

Regards,... Fred

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 3:12 PM, Eoma Hellas <in...@eoma.gr> wrote:
I trying to understand how bigblubutton operates but I cannot download it. Also, how can I register so as to use it for a long time?

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton

Eoma Hellas

Sep 25, 2016, 3:53:03 PM9/25/16
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Dear Fred,

thank you very much for your prompt reply. I have already seen this but I cannot understand the steps. I thought I should just download the application but it seems that it is very complicated and I just do not know for example where do I have to type all these commands. Is there any video I can watch or any further explanations you could give to me?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards
Anna

Τη Δευτέρα, 12 Σεπτεμβρίου 2016 - 10:48:18 μ.μ. UTC+3, ο χρήστης Fred Dixon έγραψε:
Hi Eoma,

There isn't any need to register.  The steps to setup BigBlueButton on your own server are here

Regards,... Fred

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 3:12 PM, Eoma Hellas <in...@eoma.gr> wrote:
I trying to understand how bigblubutton operates but I cannot download it. Also, how can I register so as to use it for a long time?

Fred Dixon

Sep 25, 2016, 4:15:45 PM9/25/16
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anna,

The steps at

comprise the steps to install BigBlueButton on a Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit server.  If your not familiar with Linux, they will be unfamiliar.

You'll need to lear a bit of linux to go through the steps (recommend use Google to go through some linux tutorials).

Regards,... Fred

On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 4:53 PM, Eoma Hellas <in...@eoma.gr> wrote:
[...]

Eoma Hellas

Sep 25, 2016, 4:20:06 PM9/25/16
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
ok thank you very much
Anna

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/bigbluebutton-setup.

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton

Eoma Hellas

Sep 25, 2016, 5:13:58 PM9/25/16
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
So, I cannot install Bigbluebutton on my computer unless I have Linux?

Fred Dixon

Sep 25, 2016, 5:23:59 PM9/25/16
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eoma,

If you have Windows or Mac OS X, you can install BigBlueButton within a virtualized environment.  Specifically, you would run a Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit Linux VM on your computer.  You can do this with Virtual Box,

This is only suitable for testing and development on your own computer.

If you want to collaborate with others over the internet, you would need to setup a Linux server (that usually means renting a dedicated server) for installing BigBlueButton.

BigBlueButton itself is open source, but you still need a server on which to install it.

Regards,... Fred