Re: [bigbluebutton-setup] Digest for bigbluebutton-setup@googlegroups.com - 13 updates in 6 topics

Rustam Borisov

Aug 26, 2016, 10:33:28 AM8/26/16
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com, bigbluebutton-s...@googlegroups.com

Fred Dixon <ffd...@gmail.com>: Aug 25 07:30AM -0400

Hi Jigar,

> i use a self signed certificate for the same and bbb-conf -- check also
give a error

Is it an option for you to get a signed certificate (such as using
letsencrypt)?

Regards,... Fred

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 3:31 AM, jigar shah <jigar...@attuneww.com> wrote:

--
BigBlueButton Developer
http://bigbluebutton.org/

Hello Fred sir,

First of all Thank you for your reply.
Ok i try to get the certificates from letsencrypt. Once i am checked i
will let you know about issue.

On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 1:01:28 PM UTC+5:30, jigar shah wrote:
john....@xanesti.com: Aug 25 08:03PM -0700

I successfully set up BBB recently after encountering an odd outcome...

I am running Microsoft Hyper V in Windows 10 Pro. I created a blank
virtual disk, downloaded the Ubuntu x64 ISO file and assigned by virtual
DVD to it. Booted up and installed Ubuntu just fine. But what I was doing
here which I don't think the docs envision is at certain points I shut down
the VM to take a snapshot. Those points were as follows:

1. After Ubuntu successfully installed. I used "john" as my initial
account.

2. After adjusting the network interfaces to run on a static IP on my
network. With the client setup, docs might reflect that changing HOST to
the IP address assumes a static IP, not on leased out via DHCP.

3. After completing the pre-install steps in the docs.

4. After completing the BBB install without options.

5. After completing the optional installs (e.g. the API)

6. After forking and cloning the github repo.

7. After completing the client install successfully.

Here is the odd thing I noticed. Once I got to the "Production
Environment" excursus in the docs, I shut down and took snapshot #6. When
I restarted Ubuntu and tried to go to the /dev folder I got all kinds of
weird behavior. I tried pushing through it to install the client, but
would get permissions errors on calls that did not use sudo. I used sudo
anyway (I know, not supposed to), and got to the point of building locales.
That would fail, again, either with permissions errors, or a full Java
stack trace if I tried it with sudo.

After a couple reversions back to my latest good snapshot, I happened to
open Nautilus and saw that my bigbluebutton folder had a lock icon. Right
clicked it, selected Properties and the Permissions tab to discover it was
owned by "root" rather than "john". I did a little research and did the
following: sudo chown john /dev/bigbluebutton -R. (The -R is for recursive
so all subfolders and files are changed as well). The lock went away from
the icon and I proceeded on to successfully set up the client.

The only other thing I would mention is installing the flash plugin does
not appear to be mentioned in the docs. Pretty easy to figure that one out
on my own, though.

John
GiZAX <giz...@gmail.com>: Aug 25 12:51PM -0700

Hi,

I'm trying to configure the Moodle plugin for BBB. It works great. But I
have a little question.
On my Moodle site, I use student id's as Alternate Names and I configured
Moodle to display it only, so that other students do not see the real
names, but only student ids. I made this through the "fullnamedisplay" and
"alternativefullnameformat" fields.

The problem is that BBB does not recognize this and it displays full names.
Is there any solution to this or should I simply enter their id's in the
name fields ?

Thanks !
Naman Arora <naman...@gmail.com>: Aug 25 05:54AM -0700

i am new in bigbluebutton, installation is prefectly done and no problem
will occur, but when i update the ubuntu,the the problem will occur,

developer-dx@developerdx-All-Series:/$ sudo bbb-conf -check

BigBlueButton Server 1.0.0-beta (1040)
Kernel version: 4.4.0-36-generic
Memory: 3823 MB

/var/www/bigbluebutton/client/conf/config.xml (bbb-client)
Port test (tunnel): 192.168.0.161
Red5: 192.168.0.161
useWebrtcIfAvailable: true

/opt/freeswitch/conf/sip_profiles/external.xml (FreeSWITCH)
websocket port: 5066
WebRTC enabled: true

/etc/nginx/sites-available/bigbluebutton (nginx)
server name: 192.168.0.161
port: 80
bbb-client dir:
/home/developer-dx/dev/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton-client

/var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/bigbluebutton/WEB-INF/classes/bigbluebutton.properties
(bbb-web)
bbb-web host: 192.168.0.161

/var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/demo/bbb_api_conf.jsp (API demos)
url: 192.168.0.161

/var/www/bigbluebutton/check/conf/config.xml (client check)
client check: 192.168.0.161

/usr/share/red5/webapps/bigbluebutton/WEB-INF/red5-web.xml (red5)
voice conference: FreeSWITCH
capture video: true
capture desktop: true

/usr/local/bigbluebutton/core/scripts/bigbluebutton.yml (record and
playback)
playback host: 192.168.0.161

** Potential problems described below **
# Not Running: red5
# Warning: nginx is not serving the client from /var/www/bigbluebutton/.
# Instead, it's being served from
#
# /home/developer-dx/dev/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton-client
#
# (This is OK if you have setup a development environment.)

# Unavailable Red5 logs (/usr/share/red5/log): bigbluebutton.log red5.log
sip.log video.log deskshare.log
# /usr/share/red5/log/sip.log not found
# /usr/share/red5/log/video.log not found
# /usr/share/red5/log/bigbluebutton.log not found
# /usr/share/red5/log/deskshare.log not found
# Warning: The installed ffmpeg version 'N-80901-gfebc862
--prefix=/opt/ffmpeg' is not supported
# Recording processing may not function correctly

# Error: /usr/share/red5/log/sip.log

# No /usr/share/red5/log/bigbluebutton.log
# Error: Unable to connect to port 1935 (RTMP) on 192.168.0.161

# Error: Unable to connect to port 9123 (desktop sharing) on 192.168.0.161

# Warning: You are running BigBlueButton on a server with less than 4G of
memory. Your
# performance may suffer.

# Warning: The API demos are installed and accessible from:
#
# http://192.168.0.161/demo/demo1.jsp
#
# These API demos allow anyone to access your server without authentication
# to create/manage meetings and recordings. They are for testing purposes
only.
# If you are running a production system, remove them by running:
#
# sudo apt-get purge bbb-demo

# Warning: The client self check is installed and accessible from:
#
# http://192.168.0.161/check
#

# Error: red5 process ID does not match value in PID file
#
# pid from top:
# /var/run/red5.pid: 6967
#
"HostBBB.com" <207...@gmail.com>: Aug 25 06:11AM -0700

Naman you are on 16.04, and looks like picking up a different version on
ffmpeg.

you need 14.04LTS

regards,
Stephen
hostbbb.com

On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 8:54:44 AM UTC-4, Naman Arora wrote:

Naman Arora <naman...@gmail.com>: Aug 25 06:16AM -0700

i have updated 14.04LTS to 16.04,then error will occur.
Fred Dixon <ffd...@gmail.com>: Aug 25 09:30AM -0400

Hi Naman,

> i have updated 14.04LTS to 16.04,then error will occur.

BigBlueButton 1.0 runs on Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit. We haven't developed,
installed, or tested BigBlueButton 1.0 on any other version of Linux. If
you try, it probably will not work.

We recommend you install BigBlueButton 1.0 runs on a server running Ubuntu
14.04 64-bit.

Regards,.. Fred

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 9:16 AM, Naman Arora <naman...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
BigBlueButton Developer
http://bigbluebutton.org/

i keep old version files also, in Ubuntu.
Abhijeet Dutta <email.a...@gmail.com>: Aug 25 04:37AM -0700

Hello,

I have used BBB without WebRTC and SSL fine. I have followed the procedures
given in BBB install link
<http://docs.bigbluebutton.org/install/install.html#configuring-https-on-bigbluebutton>,
I keep getting error: 1007, i.e. related to firewall. But the ports are
open.

Please advise how I can resolve this issue. URL:
https://webinar.arihantcapital.com/

Please see the report for *sudo bbb-conf --check*:

BigBlueButton Server 1.0.0 (1058)
Kernel version: 4.2.0-36-generic
Memory: 3861 MB

/var/www/bigbluebutton/client/conf/config.xml (bbb-client)
Port test (tunnel): webinar.arihantcapital.com
Red5: webinar.arihantcapital.com
useWebrtcIfAvailable: true

/opt/freeswitch/conf/sip_profiles/external.xml (FreeSWITCH)
websocket port: 5066
WebRTC enabled: true

/etc/nginx/sites-available/bigbluebutton (nginx)
server name: webinar.arihantcapital.com
port: 80
port: 443 ssl
bbb-client dir: /var/www/bigbluebutton

/var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/bigbluebutton/WEB-INF/classes/bigbluebutton.properties
(bbb-web)
bbb-web host: webinar.arihantcapital.com

/var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/demo/bbb_api_conf.jsp (API demos)
url: webinar.arihantcapital.com

/var/www/bigbluebutton/check/conf/config.xml (client check)
client check: webinar.arihantcapital.com

/usr/share/red5/webapps/bigbluebutton/WEB-INF/red5-web.xml (red5)
voice conference: FreeSWITCH
capture video: true
capture desktop: true

/usr/local/bigbluebutton/core/scripts/bigbluebutton.yml (record and
playback)
playback host: webinar.arihantcapital.com

** Potential problems described below **
# IP does not match:
# IP from ifconfig: 192.168.0.159
# /etc/nginx/sites-available/bigbluebutton: webinar.arihantcapital.com
# Warning: API URL IPs do not match host:
#

# https://webinar.arihantcapital.com/demo/demo1.jsp
#
# These API demos allow anyone to access your server without authentication
# to create/manage meetings and recordings. They are for testing purposes
only.
# If you are running a production system, remove them by running:
#
# sudo apt-get purge bbb-demo

# Warning: The client self check is installed and accessible from:
#
# https://webinar.arihantcapital.com/check
"HostBBB.com" <207...@gmail.com>: Aug 25 05:02AM -0700

I tried to login to your server.

a=ice-ufrag:TApMSLEMFesVSobL
a=ice-pwd:PZ4czAmHzvfmpD283iLMUfop
a=candidate:4286820942 1 udp 659136 192.168.0.159 25244 typ host generation
0

your freeswitch is sending its internal ip address and not its external
public facing ip.

look at docs.
http://docs.bigbluebutton.org/install/install.html#audio-not-working

this can help you configure correct with eth0 is not the public ip address.

regards,
Stephen
hostbbb.com

On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 7:37:17 AM UTC-4, Abhijeet Dutta wrote:

Abhijeet Dutta <email.a...@gmail.com>: Aug 25 06:10AM -0700

Hello HostBBB,

Thank you for your response. I followed the steps
in http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fdocs.bigbluebutton.org%2Finstall%2Finstall.html%23audio-not-working&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHHIFdODrX2aVi3rvCcB8SsAFQubg.

Please have a look at the result of *sudo bbb-conf --check*:

** Potential problems described below **
# IP does not match:
# IP from ifconfig: 192.168.0.159
# /etc/nginx/sites-available/bigbluebutton: webinar.arihantcapital.com
# Warning: API URL IPs do not match host:
#
# IP from ifconfig: 192.168.0.159
# /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/demo/bbb_api_conf.jsp:
webinar.arihantcapital.com

# Warning: The setting of 114.143.192.172 for proxy_pass in
#
# /etc/bigbluebutton/nginx/sip.nginx
#
# does not match the local IP address (192.168.0.159).
# (This is OK if you've manually changed the values)

# Warning: The setting of for local_ip_v4 in
#
# /opt/freeswitch/conf/vars.xml
#

On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 5:32:11 PM UTC+5:30, HostBBB.com wrote:
Abhijeet Dutta <email.a...@gmail.com>: Aug 25 04:06AM -0700

Hello,

I have used BBB without WebRTC and SSL fine. I have followed the procedures
given in BBB install link
<http://docs.bigbluebutton.org/install/install.html#configuring-https-on-bigbluebutton>,
I am always receiving error: 1007, i.e. related to firewall. But the ports
are open.

Please advise how I can resolve this issue.

Please see the report for *sudo bbb-conf --check*:

BigBlueButton Server 1.0.0 (1058)
Kernel version: 4.2.0-36-generic
Memory: 3861 MB

/var/www/bigbluebutton/client/conf/config.xml (bbb-client)
Port test (tunnel): example.com
Red5: example.com
useWebrtcIfAvailable: true

/opt/freeswitch/conf/sip_profiles/external.xml (FreeSWITCH)
websocket port: 5066
WebRTC enabled: true

/etc/nginx/sites-available/bigbluebutton (nginx)
server name: example.com
port: 80
port: 443 ssl
bbb-client dir: /var/www/bigbluebutton

/var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/bigbluebutton/WEB-INF/classes/bigbluebutton.properties
(bbb-web)
bbb-web host: example.com

/var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/demo/bbb_api_conf.jsp (API demos)
url: example.com

/var/www/bigbluebutton/check/conf/config.xml (client check)
client check: example.com

/usr/share/red5/webapps/bigbluebutton/WEB-INF/red5-web.xml (red5)
voice conference: FreeSWITCH
capture video: true
capture desktop: true

/usr/local/bigbluebutton/core/scripts/bigbluebutton.yml (record and
playback)
playback host: example.com

** Potential problems described below **
# IP does not match:
# IP from ifconfig: 1.2.3.4
# /etc/nginx/sites-available/bigbluebutton: example.com
# Warning: API URL IPs do not match host:
#
# IP from ifconfig: 1.2.3.4
# /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/demo/bbb_api_conf.jsp: example.com

# https://example.com/demo/demo1.jsp
#
# These API demos allow anyone to access your server without authentication
# to create/manage meetings and recordings. They are for testing purposes
only.
# If you are running a production system, remove them by running:
#
# sudo apt-get purge bbb-demo

# Warning: The client self check is installed and accessible from:
#
# https://example.com/check

Thank you
Abhijeet Kumar