Error 1007: ICE negotiation failed

Jipson

Jul 3, 2015, 10:47:21 AM7/3/15
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
   I am getting WebRTC error when connecting to my BBB. I turned off the firewall and tried to connect to demo.bigbluebutton.org but still i am getting the same error. its giving the error on the demo and my own server.Anyone has got any idea about this problem?

Regards

Fred Dixon

Jul 3, 2015, 11:14:58 AM7/3/15
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jipson,

See

which states
  1007: ICE negotiation failed
  - The browser and FreeSWITCH try to negotiate ports to use to stream the media and that negotiation failed. Possible Causes:
    - NAT is blocking the connection
    - Firewall is blocking the UDP connection/ports

It's definitely a firewall somewhere between you and the BigBlueButton servers.

I did a Google search and found these earlier threads

Regards,.. Fred

BigBlueButton Developer
BigBlueButton on twitter: @bigbluebutton

jipson george

Jul 3, 2015, 11:26:14 AM7/3/15
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot Fred.

Thanks & Regards,

Jipson George
09886336665

jipson george

Jul 6, 2015, 1:08:06 PM7/6/15
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fred,
              I had disabled the firewalls and i was able to connect with out any error but the error occurs intermittently. I noticed that the error occurs when the audio testing gets delayed. Do we need to make any changes on the timers or this could be because of any network delays? any thoughts.

Regards

Fred Dixon

Jul 6, 2015, 5:33:41 PM7/6/15
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jipson,

> Do we need to make any changes on the timers or this could be because of any network delays? any thoughts.

Do you see a difference between using FireFox and Chrome?

They both implement their own algorithms for ICE candidate negotiation.  We would be interested to know if one performs better in your setup.

Also, on the computer that you are connecting from, does it have any virtualization software installed?  Such software, such as VMWare Workstation and VirtualBox, add many virtual subnets that all appear to the browser as possible networking candidates for connecting to a remote BigBlueButton server.

In other words, the browser tries all possible network connections available to it to determine the best.  if there are large number of possible network candidates, it's possible that the browser may timeout in trying to check them all.

Regards,.. Fred