Breakout Rooms and Pre-Assigning Registered Moodle Users

André Edwards

Jun 23, 2017, 9:05:39 AM6/23/17
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi all, I'm using moodle to facilitate a number of learning sessions and I wanted to use the Breakout Room feature of BBB. However I'd like to pre-assign students to breakout rooms before they have logged in on a particular day so I can have this as a recurring option and the lecturer doesn't need to assign them at the start of each session. Is this possible currently?

Thanks,

Andre

Fred Dixon

Jun 23, 2017, 10:35:19 AM6/23/17
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi André,

This is a good suggestion.  We don't have this capability at the moment.  We've opened an new enhancement

We may be doing some upgrades to the Breakout Rooms in the next release, but we can't make any promises.  In parallel, we are also doing some improvements to the upcoming BigBlueButtonBN plugin version 2.2.

It's a very good feature request and we'll see if we can get something in place for an upcoming release.

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton

André Edwards