A script to prevent automatic processing

GiZAX

Aug 26, 2016, 9:12:56 AM8/26/16
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi,

BBB is used to give a course of two hours. Then, after a break of half an hour, there is another course of an hour and a half. And all these courses must be recorded.
Meanwhile, the server will have already begun to carry out processing of the "presentation" workflow. And it takes more than half an hour, so it may interfere with the second course.

I want to know how to prevent the system running the "presentation" script automatically. I thought of several things. Two of them:

1) Edit the "presentation" workflow to tell him to wait 3 hours after the "sanity check" phase.

2) Add a ruby script in the "post_archive" folder located here : "/usr/local/bigbluebutton/core/scripts". This script will be used to force the server to pause after the process for 3 hours, for example.

Which of these solutions seems you best? And I must tell you the biggest: I have no idea how to write this script. Could anyone help me?

Thank you very much.

Fred Dixon

Aug 26, 2016, 9:45:04 AM8/26/16
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi GiZAX,

See the discussion in this thread -- it may help give you control on when recordings are processed.

Regards,.. Fred

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton

GiZAX

Aug 26, 2016, 10:06:58 AM8/26/16
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Thanks Fred,

Very sorry for the double topic, I have probably not do the right search.

Regards.

GiZAX