connecting (behind firewall) to my bbb server

Mark Lin

Feb 3, 2016, 3:28:07 PM2/3/16
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hello,
When connecting from my school (behind firewall) to My BBB server, the moderator is disconnect every 5-10 min.
what should i configure to fix the problem?

Thank you

Fred Dixon

Feb 3, 2016, 4:24:15 PM2/3/16
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,

BigBlueButton requires a persistent connection on port 1935 (rtmp) and 9123 (deskshare).  For WebRTC, it uses a port in the range 32768-65536.

Have your school open up these ports for your BigBlueButton server and you should no longer get disconnected.

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton

Chad Pilkey

Fred Dixon

mlin40613

Feb 5, 2016, 7:26:45 AM2/5/16
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I did a test this morning after i open ports to BBB in school router:
i connect to the room from my home and one of the teachers connect to the room from school,
1) there were no disconnections, excellent. 2) The Teacher reports that he can not open the recordings at school. She claims that when she press the recording, window opens and that says "initializing recording" and it stack there,but the recording does not shown.
3) During the conference, I saw in my screen 3 cameras. My one, the teacher cam and another third camera which has a frozen image of the teacher. It seems that there are three participants in the conference ( in users tab just 2 users).
It is important to note that only at my screen I see it, the teacher did not experience this.

Fred Dixon

Feb 5, 2016, 8:18:38 AM2/5/16
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,

> 1) there were no disconnections, excellent.

Good to hear!

> 2) The Teacher reports that he can not open the recordings at school. She claims that when she press the recording, window opens and that says "initializing recording" and it stack there,but the recording does not shown.

Can you have them try the following recording link

and let us know if it loads (there is no audio, but the point is to see if it loads).

> 3) During the conference, I saw in my screen 3 cameras. My one, the teacher cam and another third camera which has a frozen image of the teacher. It seems that there are three participants in the conference ( in users tab just 2 users).

We made a minor fix relating to the webcams, see

which might solve this problem.  We'll be updating BigBlueButton 1.0-beta shortly (you'll see the announcement in bigbluebutton-dev) and after the update, we recommend you upgrade your server and test again.

Regards,... Fred

mlin40613

Feb 8, 2016, 8:26:18 AM2/8/16
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
For the link to recording playback:
the problem tritt just from IE browser

Thank you

Fred Dixon

Feb 8, 2016, 9:00:12 AM2/8/16
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,

> the problem tritt just from IE browser

The recording used VP8 for video file format.  IE does not support that playback format, which is why we recommend FireFox or Chrome.

Regards,... Fred

Mark Lin

Feb 11, 2016, 12:52:31 PM2/11/16
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hello,
BBB 0.9

today i received email from one of our teachers about some problem with the conference room:

"- Unfortunately we got interrupted several times on the audio channel . The only way to hear her again was to „join session“ again and again. After that we could hear each other again.
However, I appeared as a another user in the virtual classroom and I could not use the board anymore, the symbols (to write, underline etc.) did not show.
So I had to use the chat again for writing."

How can i solve this problems ?

Thank you

Fred Dixon

Feb 11, 2016, 4:05:51 PM2/11/16
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,

Is it an option for you to upgrade your BigBlueButton 0.9 server to 1.0-beta.

We've done quite a bit of work on auto-reconnect when the user gets disconnected due to temporary network issues.  Also, they could try out our demo server, say create a room at

to see if the auto-reconnect helps them keep connected.

Regards,... Fred

Mark Lin

Feb 12, 2016, 7:27:57 PM2/12/16
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hello,
trying to install 1.0-beta.
when loging to the room the page stak at the second window where need to load the modueles at 0 %.
1) noticed in my www.IP/bigbluebutton/check that "client check version" is 0.9.0-30 , Is it ok?

2) i have error in gnix error log:
2016/02/13 00:56:15 [error] 20582#0: *10 open() "/var/www/bigbluebutton-default/html5client/check" failed (2: No such file or directory), client: 79.180.104.155, server: 85.25.185.116, request: "GET /html5client/check HTTP/1.1", host: "85.25.185.116", referrer: "http://85.25.185.116/bigbluebutton/"
2016/02/13 00:56:14 [error] 20582#0: *10 open() "/home/firstuser/dev/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton-client/client/get_flash_player.gif" failed (2: No such file or directory), client: 79.180.104.155, server: 85.25.185.116, request: "GET /bigbluebutton/get_flash_player.gif HTTP/1.1", host: "85.25.185.116", referrer: "http://85.25.185.116/bigbluebutton/"

Thank you

mlin40613

Feb 14, 2016, 1:45:17 PM2/14/16
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the inconvenient, the problem as i forgot to set IP, now every thing o.k.
Thank you