BBB 0.9 in AZURE

Javier Cristobal Baez Mancera

Nov 4, 2014, 10:39:03 AM11/4/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone

I'm testing out BBB 0.9 beta using Azure. All fine, Anyway, I'm getting the message: "WebRTC error 1007: ICE negotiation failed. Do you want to try Flash instead?"

Can you help about. Thank

Javier.

Fred Dixon

Nov 4, 2014, 11:11:57 AM11/4/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Javier,

Can you test against

and let us know if you get the same error.

Regards,.. Fred

BigBlueButton Developer
BigBlueButton on twitter: @bigbluebutton

Javier Cristobal Baez Mancera

Nov 4, 2014, 11:49:35 AM11/4/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
i Fred. I tried it, and no error occurs.

Thanks.

Fred Dixon

Nov 4, 2014, 12:19:45 PM11/4/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com

Javier Cristobal Baez Mancera

Nov 4, 2014, 3:05:29 PM11/4/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi, thanks for your help. We execute the instructions in a new virtual machine on Azure and the problem persists.

We are still investigating the possible causes and find a solution. Thanks for all your help.

Javier

Geoff Nordli

Nov 4, 2014, 3:16:39 PM11/4/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com

Hi Javier.

Are you opening up all of those ports on the Azure instance?

I would like to host on Azure as well, but it looks like a pain getting all of those ports opened plus there is a restriction on the number of ports you can open.

Geoff

Chad Pilkey

Nov 4, 2014, 3:43:51 PM11/4/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com, geo...@gnaa.net
An ICE negotiation failure is likely due to the UDP ports (16384 to 32768) being inaccessible. You can also edit /opt/freeswitch/conf/autoload_configs/switch.conf.xml and change the following lines to limit the ports that Freeswitch will use.

 <!-- RTP port range -->
 <param name="rtp-start-port" value="16384"/>
 <param name="rtp-end-port" value="32768"/>

The parameters will be commented by default so you will need to uncomment and change them. You should also give as large of a range as possible because you can easily run out if you have many users on your server at once.

On 14-11-04 12:05 PM, Javier Cristobal Baez Mancera wrote:
Hi, thanks for your help. We execute the instructions in a new virtual machine on Azure and the problem persists.

We are still investigating the possible causes and find a solution. Thanks for all your help.

Javier

On Tuesday, November 4, 2014 10:39:03 AM UTC-5, Javier Cristobal Baez Mancera wrote:
Hi everyone

I'm testing out BBB 0.9 beta using Azure. All fine, Anyway, I'm getting the message: "WebRTC error 1007: ICE negotiation failed. Do you want to try Flash instead?"

Can you help about. Thank

Javier.

Geoff Nordli

Nov 4, 2014, 4:03:55 PM11/4/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com

Azure has a 150 port limit and you need to open up each port individually; there is no concept of a port range.  I totally missed the announcement where you can define a public ip address and not worry about using an endpoint.

http://feedback.azure.com/forums/216843-virtual-machines/suggestions/3995978-allow-to-open-more-ports-that-the-150-ports-limit

Here is more detail around it.

http://clemmblog.azurewebsites.net/assign-public-ip-addresses-azure-vms/

that is great news.

Javier, are you using a public ip address?

Geoff
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to bigbluebutton-s...@googlegroups.com.

Javier Cristobal Baez Mancera

Nov 10, 2014, 1:05:52 PM11/10/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com, geo...@gnaa.net
100% ready, thank to all.

Geoff Nordli

Nov 10, 2014, 1:54:58 PM11/10/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com

Great.

Javier, was the fix just to use the public ip address or did you need to do some other config?