Please recommend some perfomance-monitoring app?

Антон Мацюк

Oct 18, 2014, 6:02:55 AM10/18/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
Would you please recommend me some perfomance-monitoring app for Ubuntu Server, which I can use to monitor CPU usage and network interface usage?
Now I monitored it using htop and iftop, in online.
But I have thoughts to allow some user to look at this parameters too, so he can monitor what going on with the server while he is at class or allow him to look at history, maybe.
It can be used to estimate which kind of computer we finally need depending on the type of use in classroom (and resources loaded).

What will be cool: to see in history not only overall resouce load, but also some details, maybe. I mean not only a CPU load in some time, but also a bunch of processes that was active in this slice. Not only network overall load, but also some detailed iftop-like info (specific hosts, maybe).
I know Nagios and Zabbix.
Nagios is more user-friendly, I heard.
Maybe you can recommend something else?
Thanks in advance :)

German Acevedo

Oct 20, 2014, 11:54:54 AM10/20/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
I just installed Webmin to my server, it not only makes easier to me to perform some tasks, in addition it shows me in real time the cpu load and RAM usage.