Moodle Default API call

almarjin

Oct 25, 2014, 5:46:56 AM10/25/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
already Googled but didn't find the answer.

I'd like to know how Moodle generate API calls to BBB server. I can only see /bigbluebuttonbn/view.php?id=151 from the link that I'm clicking.

I'm doing this because I need to create a functionality that will save the presentation and will load it again in every presentation of the user who uploaded it.

Fred Dixon

Oct 25, 2014, 9:34:25 AM10/25/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com

BigBlueButton Developer
BigBlueButton on twitter: @bigbluebutton

almarjin

Oct 27, 2014, 3:13:54 AM10/27/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fred,

Thanks for the reply. I will look into that.

One more thing, once I manage to display the file name in the Flash, is there a way I can call a function from Flash or anywhere in the code to load the PDF or a presentation instead of uploading it?

almarjin

Oct 27, 2014, 3:42:41 AM10/27/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
also if meetingID, FullName and checksum are available in the Flash page? Thanks

almarjin

Oct 27, 2014, 6:34:19 AM10/27/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
and if it's possible to edit the Flash page so that I can add button or edit the current 'Select File' functionality. Thanks

Fred Dixon

Oct 27, 2014, 8:14:24 AM10/27/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Almarjin,

> once I manage to display the file name in the Flash, is there a way I can call a function from Flash or anywhere in the code to load the PDF or a presentation instead of uploading it
> and if it's possible to edit the Flash page so that I can add button or edit the current 'Select File' functionality

The answer is yes, but there is no code showing how to do this.  You need to give yourself time to learn ActionScript (it's similar to JavaScript) and the architecture of BigBlueButton.

As BigBlueButton is open source, you have a framework on which you can extend to implement the functionality you need.

Regards,... Fred

almarjin

Oct 27, 2014, 9:12:19 AM10/27/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fred,

Thanks for the reply. I looked into the folder responsible for displaying the conference which is /var/www/bigbluebutton/client and I can only see SWF files. I'm expecting an FLA file where I can edit its code. Thanks again

Hi Almarjin,

On Saturday, October 25, 2014 5:46:56 PM UTC+8, almarjin wrote:
already Googled but didn't find the answer.

I'd like to know how Moodle generate API calls to BBB server. I can only see /bigbluebuttonbn/view.php?id=151 from the link that I'm clicking.

I'm doing this because I need to create a functionality that will save the presentation and will load it again in every presentation of the user who uploaded it.

almarjin

Oct 27, 2014, 9:22:43 AM10/27/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Also, we are planning to put a folder somewhere in the folder and will serve as library for users where they can select presentations from there, but I noticed that the file needs to be uploaded through Flash, it might be generating links somewhere that reference the presentation files on the server. I tried to copy the files generated from one meeting to another where same user created the meeting but when the link clicked again it generates different parent folder for the presentation. Therefore it we only upload the files to the server, it will not be loaded on the page.

Another thing is the default presentation, it always create the default presentation folder with the same content for each meeting and if you have lots of meetings, those same files will eat large space, maybe in the future it will be changed? so that all meetings will call default presentation from one folder. Is it also possible for us to change this default folder to a fix location so that we can put more default presentations there.

Sorry I'm just new here.

Thanks for helping.

Fred Dixon

Oct 27, 2014, 9:34:52 AM10/27/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Almarjin,

Your going to need to slow down.

Your running the risk of flooding our forums with stream of thought posts, and that makes it very hard for anyone to volunteer their time to help out.

Stop and go through the architecture of BigBlueButton and the directory structure.  The configuration and log files will give you insight into the flow of events

You also need to understand how the BigBlueButton API works.  The command

  sudo bbb-record --watch

will also give you insight into some of the file changes a recording.  The recording architecture is also described here

I tried to copy the files generated from one meeting to another where same user created the meeting but when the link clicked again it generates different parent folder for the presentation.

Changing the underlying files without changing the logic in BigBlueButton isn't going to work.  Make sure you understand how the current process for uploading a file works (check the code in bigbluebutton-web as it handles the file upload).

> Another thing is the default presentation, it always create the default presentation folder with the same content for each meeting and if you have lots of meetings, those same files will eat large space, maybe in the future it will be changed?

We could introduce a caching or reuse mechanism for the presentations, but the added complexity would make the code harder to maintain.  The presentations are not very large relative to other media during a presentation (such as the audio), so there are no plans to change the uploads of presentations in the future.

Is it also possible for us to change this default folder to a fix location so that we can put more default presentations there.

Again, if you change files/folders underneath BigBlueButton, it won't work.  You need to change the logic of BigBlueButton itself if you want to extend the functionality.

You do have the capability when creating a meeting the upload multiple slides.  See

Ideally, if you can use the above API, it let you implement what you want without making code changes.

Regards,... Fred

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/bigbluebutton-setup.

almarjin

Nov 1, 2014, 4:02:11 AM11/1/14