bbb self check

vn...@yandex.com

Aug 14, 2017, 11:25:07 PM8/14/17
to BigBlueButton-dev
I am getting failures on the WebRTC Echo Test, result 1004

/var/log/red5/sip.log is showing no errors.

error.log does not show anything recent.  last entry is 15 minutes before my latest refresh of the check page.

I can connect to the demo conference and hear my own voice and I see WebRTC audio is being used, but the check fails..

Also, line 2 below, does any modern browser support the java plugin anymore?  That test does not seem useful..

==============
WebRTC Echo Test:  1004  :  undefined
Java Enabled:  Java is disabled in your browser  :  undefined
Browser:  Firefox 54.0  :  undefined
Client Check Version:  VERSION  :  undefined
Cookie Enabled:  true  :  undefined
Download Speed:  6.206 Mbps (7.718 MB in 10 seconds)  :  undefined
Flash Version:  26.0.0.151  :  undefined
Is Pepper Flash:  false  :  undefined
Language:  en-US  :  undefined
Ping:  70.6 ms  :  undefined
RTMP BigBlueButton app:  NetConnection.Connect.Success  :  undefined
RTMP screenshare app:  NetConnection.Connect.Success  :  undefined
RTMP sip app:  NetConnection.Connect.Success  :  undefined
RTMP video app:  NetConnection.Connect.Success  :  undefined
RTMPT BigBlueButton app:  NetConnection.Connect.Success  :  undefined
RTMPT screenshare app:  NetConnection.Connect.Success  :  undefined
RTMPT sip app:  NetConnection.Connect.Success  :  undefined
RTMPT video app:  NetConnection.Connect.Success  :  undefined
Screen Size:  1920 x 1080  :  undefined
User Agent:  Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/54.0  :  undefined
WebRTC Socket Test:  Connected  :  undefined
WebRTC Supported:  true  :  undefined

Fred Dixon

Aug 15, 2017, 7:54:10 AM8/15/17
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi There,

> I am getting failures on the WebRTC Echo Test, result 1004

Is this a stock installation of BigBlueButton 1.1?  Have you done any modifications (such as setting up a development environment) outside of the install steps?

> I can connect to the demo conference and hear my own voice and I see WebRTC audio is being used, but the check fails.

Do you mean connecting to the Demo Meeting on your server or connecting to https://demo.bigbluebutton.org/?

Regards,.. Fred

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton

vn...@yandex.com

Aug 15, 2017, 10:10:52 PM8/15/17
to BigBlueButton-dev
This is on my server, from scratch, on a bare Ubuntu 16.04 install.  Plain vanilla.  I reinstalled yesterday as my docker/greenlight attempts suddenly borked itself.  Docker lost all ability to use any network, making the whole thing kinda useless.  Hours wasted trying to fix that, so I just wiped it and reinstalled from my notes.  I expanded some details in my walkthrough, line numbers for edits, etc.

The server seems to do what it should, but the check page causes me some concern..  I had a 1.5 hour chat with a friend via BBB and all was well, barring a few issues with my crappy internet in VN.  Sometimes pings go to 2.5 seconds to my server.  Overall, I think about 1-2 minutes of the chat were affected, a few seconds here  or there, and one reconnect required.  Firefox and Chrome both worked.

But you do raise an interesting point!

I just hit https://demo.bigbluebutton.org/check/ and it PASSES the webRTC echo test..  not sure why it fails on my install.

Specifically, how can I enable detailed logging on that webRTC echo test?  I may have missed the relevant log, where should I look?

vn...@yandex.com

Aug 15, 2017, 10:32:55 PM8/15/17
to BigBlueButton-dev
Also, I spent some time wandering around the source, and could not find anything regarding the /Check SWF object.  What exactly is it trying to do in the webRTC echo test?

I would like to replicate that via the command line on my server.

vn...@yandex.com

Aug 16, 2017, 12:10:00 AM8/16/17
to BigBlueButton-dev

I set sip-trace value="yes" in /opt/freeswitch/sip_profiles.external.xml

 then I went to bbb.myserver/check and webRTC echo test shows "Success".  I changed no settings since my last run of the test page..

I also received an email from my VPS provider last night saying the node had been rebooted.

seems weird, but the problem solved itself!