Clone recorded session for audio translations.

José Rubio García

Dec 2, 2016, 5:54:19 AM12/2/16
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi everyone,
Our company is using BBB in a Degree course in two languages, at the moment we don't know how to record or take the same session with two audio channels or so for the main presenter and the live translator. Then we use a second tool where the translator and the students that want listen in the second languages are connected.
Both sessions: bbb with presentation, audio and desktop share; and the second translated audio are recorded.
We found one way to "clone" the recorded session, but can not be scheduled because need a human step for creating a second recorded session.
A brief of the steps we are doing:
- Create a second recorded session with the same elements that the original session, only some seconds needed, not the entire time. (Manual step)
- After this new recorded session is processed and published, replace all the content in /var/bigbluebutton/recording/raw/<new_session_id>/ with the original content.
- Replace the audio file with the translated one.
- Edit events.xml and change name, description and tags to english (manual but may be scheduled)
- Launch rebuild.
- After rebuild, edit metadata.xml on published folder to change start and end time for the same as the original session.

Anybody know how to make it easier or schedule all tasks????

Thanks in advance,

HostBBB.com

Dec 2, 2016, 7:59:46 AM12/2/16
to BigBlueButton-dev
Jose, would be interested in learning more about your use case.

You can instruct freeswitch to record a single members audio input/output or both in addition to the main conference thread during a conference with a little dial plan work.

There is also a conference relate command which can mute any member from another member.  So you may be able to get the two recordings automatically with a little work.

regards,
Stephen

José Rubio García

Dec 5, 2016, 4:55:10 AM12/5/16
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Stephen, and thank you very much by your response and sugestions.
I added you to my circles and I'm interested in learn more about your suggestion to use the freeswitch method.
We join the session from the moodle plugin, and use "uberconference" for the second language, but by now I don't know how to manage that users can ear only the presenter they want, and how in the player for the recorded session, can switch from one language to another.

I'm sure we are not the only company that need that. I spent a lot of hours getting BBB working and is not a problem take more hours to lean how to do it.

My skype account is developer21.sagitaz, I hope can learn so much from you and other developers here.

Thank you very much again.