need new feature

AHmed

Apr 29, 2017, 1:13:39 PM4/29/17
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hello there,
we need to add a new feature only for super user
to allow him to join rooms but in invisible mode
could this be done & added ?
the reason for that is for monitoring rooms actions
please all accept our best regards

Fred Dixon

Apr 29, 2017, 1:30:35 PM4/29/17
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Ahmed,

Without going into details, you could probably modify the Users list in the BigBlueButton client to hide a user named "supervisor-user" or something like that.  This way, any user named "supervisor-user" could join as normal, but would not be visible to others.

Please note, we've not done this in BigBlueButton already.  There are no hooks for masking a user, so you would need to develop such capabilities.

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton