http://bigbluebutton.org/forum

xonox

Aug 24, 2015, 4:28:10 PM8/24/15
to BigBlueButton-dev

hi @ all bodys

we need a forum for this community on http://bigbluebutton.org/forum

my best regards

Fred Dixon

Aug 24, 2015, 4:33:11 PM8/24/15
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Xonox,

> we need a forum for this community on http://bigbluebutton.org/forum

Been there, got the t-shirt.

I was with a previous company where we used phpBBB for a community forum. Guess what happened?  It became a part-time job to manage the software and we still wasted a lot of time dealing with hacked sites (big pain to restore from backups) and removing (very) inappropriate content.

How much time have we had to spend maintaining Google Groups for the BigBlueButton project?  Zero.

That means all that otherwise wasted time went into improving BigBlueButton for the community.

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer
BigBlueButton on twitter: @bigbluebutton

xonox

Aug 24, 2015, 5:51:06 PM8/24/15
to BigBlueButton-dev
thanks fred

i know you need a lot of time to maintain a forum , i  understand you very well.
one day maybe you will find a solution like google groups without investing your time to maintain , ihope i hope

thank you very much for bigbluebutton

my best regards

Fred Dixon

Aug 24, 2015, 6:13:50 PM8/24/15
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Xonox,

We'll just keep using Google Groups.

They have served us well for almost seven years, and Google indexes all the content which helps new members quick find answers.

Regards,... Fred

xonox

Aug 24, 2015, 6:54:13 PM8/24/15
to BigBlueButton-dev

sorry fred

everything changes ,  there will be no new questions and new problems only if you are planing to stop developing bigbluebutton!!!

i think commercial support is the answer !!! http://bigbluebutton.org/commercial-support/

best regards

Fred Dixon

Aug 24, 2015, 7:10:51 PM8/24/15
to BigBlueButton-dev
> there will be no new questions and new problems only if you are planing to stop developing bigbluebutton!!!

Oh, there is very little chance of that happening.  We're seven years and counting working on BigBlueButton -- more good times ahead.

Regards,... Fred

xonox

Aug 24, 2015, 7:31:26 PM8/24/15
to BigBlueButton-dev

hi fred

really sometimes i am really afraid because only a few programmers are working on bigbluebutton , i prefer to see 100 programmers workings on bigbluebutton , programmer like richard alam and you !!!

anyway please
stay healthy .do not smoke , do not drink alcohol, do not work too much.
you shall take care of your families and your children.
njoy your life, there is only one life !!!!

regards