No audio in HTML5 - Android chrome

Faisal Ahmmad

May 26, 2015, 12:29:47 PM5/26/15
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I followed http://docs.bigbluebutton.org/labs/html5-dev.html to setup HTML5 dev version. Everything went fine, I can now join the demo meeting from my Samsung note edge chrome, the chat works fine as well on both ways. However there is no audio, if I click on the gear icon nothing appears.

Looks like I am missing something here.

Anton Georgiev

May 26, 2015, 1:35:55 PM5/26/15
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hey, Faisal,

I just tested on Android, we currently have an issue with the right-hand panel, so audio is currently inaccessible from mobile portrait mode.
A work-around would be to tilt your device to landscape mode where the UI is a bit different. I was able to join in audio via the gear icon in landscape mode.
We are currently working on fixing this for the portrait view and will push an update to 'master'.
Audio on desktop landscape is also functional.

Thank you for reporting this.

Cheers,
Anton

Faisal

May 26, 2015, 3:53:48 PM5/26/15
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anton,

Thanks for your quick response. Yes, I can confirm that it works in landscape mode.

Thanks
Faisal

Maxim Khlobystov

May 26, 2015, 6:06:07 PM5/26/15
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Faisal,

Thank you for reporting the issue. We just recently completely changed the UI. And that transition affected some functionality of the client. We are working on fixing all the issues with the new version of user interface.
I made the menu buttons work. So user has access to the audio controls in portrait view too. I believe, that particular issue you pointed out is now fixed. The updates are pushed to "master." Thanks again for the feedback.

Cheers,
Maxim

Faisal

May 27, 2015, 5:17:09 AM5/27/15