Bigbluebutton HTML5 check

Lily

May 25, 2016, 4:08:35 AM5/25/16
to BigBlueButton-dev

Hello,

i want to check if HTML5 is installed or is running on my BBB server,
i 've got  this step from

Check if the HTML5 client is running and ready to serve users:

http://your_ip>/html5client/check

The result should be {"html5clientStatus":"running"}.

but when i did the test on my server i get "not found page",

the same thing for test-install.blindsidenetworks.com

could you tell me how can i check if html5 IS Installed on my BBB server?

thanks.

Anton Georgiev

May 25, 2016, 5:30:37 AM5/25/16
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hey Lily,

At this point the html5 client would be installed only if you explicitly install it via package ( dpkg -l | grep bbb-html) or source (in a dev environment)

Test-install does not have the html5 client yes as it is under active development.

Regards,
Anton

Lily

May 25, 2016, 9:04:57 AM5/25/16
to BigBlueButton-dev

Thanks, i 've installed HTML5 successfully ,

 actually, the browser suggest to choose between Flash and HTML5,
is it possible to configure launch HTML5 by default?

Sincerely

Anton Georgiev

May 25, 2016, 11:18:51 AM5/25/16
to neeraj
Hey Lily,

Simply keep the redirect to html5 instead of checking if/else. What branch are you working on? We have not adapted completely the refactored html5 client on master branch for this yet.

Regards,
Anton