Preview the pencil drawings

Burak güder

May 27, 2016, 5:38:02 PM5/27/16
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi bbb

I increase the mouse speed

org.bigbluebutton.modules.whiteboard.WhiteboardCanvasModel

  private var sendShapeFrequency:uint = 2;
  private var sendEraserFrequency:uint = 2;

but the pen goes ahead :(

Chad Pilkey

May 27, 2016, 5:44:40 PM5/27/16
to BigBlueButton-dev
The whiteboard only draws the information it is sent from the server. There's no support for a local preview for the presenter.

If you wanted a local preview you would have to rework most of the presenter whiteboard logic.

Burak güder

May 28, 2016, 2:11:36 AM5/28/16
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Chad Pilkey

You are quite right There's no support for a local preview for the presenter but need to support.  because it does not have enough speed in math. openmeeting with preview in whiteboard

How can we draw preview ?  this is a much needed feature

Burak GÜDER

Burak güder

May 28, 2016, 6:31:04 AM5/28/16
to BigBlueButton-dev
hi BBB Team

It is not sent to the server, but drawings are shown on the whiteboard

which files need editing ?

pls help me :(

Burak GÜDER

Chad Pilkey

May 29, 2016, 3:17:00 PM5/29/16
to BigBlueButton-dev
You're looking at changes to quite a few files and a lot of testing and debugging. It's not a change that can be outlined in an email you have to understand the flow of data in the whiteboard module as it is now and then start making changes.

Burak güder

May 30, 2016, 3:54:20 AM5/30/16
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Chad

I reviewed codes and I saw that it was possible

I made a lot of changes in
I wrote this function

public function PreviewDrawings (status:String, tool:WhiteboardTool):void {
        var dobj:DrawAnnotation = _shapeFactory.createDrawObject(tool.toolType, _segment, tool.drawColor, tool.thickness, tool.fillOn, tool.fillColor, tool.transparencyOn);
    var an:Annotation = dobj.createAnnotation(_wbModel, _ctrlKeyDown);
    _wbModel.addAnnotation(an);
    }

drawing board now looks in an instant

thank you