default welcome message doesn't update even after restart

Corey Cutting

Jul 30, 2015, 12:39:35 PM7/30/15
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi there,

I'm trying to change the default welcome message.  I'm using a brand new install and I was able to get it changed once and since then, it seems to be locked in even though the bigbluebutton.properties files shows the more recent updates.
I had all my sessions ended, did --restart and still nothing.  Tried  --clean and even tried rebooting the whole server plus tried it on a few different computers and browsers to make sure it wasn't a cache issue.

I'm a little stumped so any advice would be great.

I don't need to recompile do i?

Thanks!
Corey

Fred Dixon

Jul 30, 2015, 12:46:17 PM7/30/15
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Corey,

See

Let us know if the above FAQ entry gets you going.

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer
BigBlueButton on twitter: @bigbluebutton

Corey Cutting

Jul 30, 2015, 12:56:12 PM7/30/15
to BigBlueButton-dev, ffd...@gmail.com
Hi Fred,

I followed that before and it worked the one time. The issue now is that no changes made since then are taking affect even after a --restart.

Corey

Richard Alam

Jul 30, 2015, 12:59:47 PM7/30/15
to BigBlueButton-dev
On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 12:56 PM, Corey Cutting <tam...@tamerax.com> wrote:
Hi Fred,

I followed that before and it worked the one time. The issue now is that no changes made since then are taking affect even after a --restart.

What changes did you make? Are these all in tomcat7 bigbluebutton.properties? Or you've setup the dev env and making change in the bigbluebutton-web src?

Make sure you have configured nginx properly to forward the request correctly.

Richard

Corey Cutting

Jul 30, 2015, 1:07:16 PM7/30/15
to BigBlueButton-dev, ritz...@gmail.com
They are all in tomcat7 bigbluebutton.properties.

I made the changes in my dev enviroment to the file. Worked fine.  Did the changes to my live site file.  Worked fine.  Made a small update on the dev site to correct a spelling mistake and missed word. Worked fine. Made the same change to the live site but the changes aren't reflecting.

Corey Cutting

Jul 30, 2015, 10:14:10 PM7/30/15
to BigBlueButton-dev, ritz...@gmail.com
Further follow up.
I went so far as to delete the file, do a restart. reupload the file (that I verified was altered correctly) and STILL come up with the older version.

HostBBB.com

Jul 30, 2015, 10:31:15 PM7/30/15
to BigBlueButton-dev, ritz...@gmail.com, tam...@tamerax.com
Corey,  I bet what is happening, is the demo page or application like wordpress is passing in a welcome message on the create call and overriding the defaults wen your testing.

do this
sudo cat /var/log/nginx/bigbluebutton.access.log | grep create

and look at the create calls to make sure your call is not passing welcome= as a param.

I have done this before, made changes and tried the demo pages only to see no changes.  Some of the demo pages pass in a welcome which is in the jsp code.  WP does it in the plugin php.

regards,
Stephen

Corey Cutting

Jul 30, 2015, 11:00:12 PM7/30/15
to BigBlueButton-dev, ritz...@gmail.com, tam...@tamerax.com, 207...@gmail.com
ah ha. so i use the wordpress plugin and i can see when i ran that command, the welcome param is showing the old (but still earlier edited) .

How can I get around this??

I feel like progress is being made! yay!

HostBBB.com

Jul 30, 2015, 11:15:12 PM7/30/15
to BigBlueButton-dev, ritz...@gmail.com, tam...@tamerax.com, 207...@gmail.com

Go to wordpress plugin in admin section, and edit the php of plugin…  right at the top first 20 lines, you will see the welcome message is hardcoded…

Change there, save and you can call it a night J

Regards,

Stephen

Corey Cutting

Jul 30, 2015, 11:49:39 PM7/30/15