Meeting Id in Demo

Chander Rellan Jr

Aug 15, 2017, 2:13:43 PM8/15/17
to BigBlueButton-dev
2 Questions.
One, I have deployed the demo server over here at http://34.201.143.55 . Now I am also using the php library of BBB  inside one of my projects to get linked with server deployed here. But the issue is at this demo server anyone can join the meeting. What i want is like in php API, i can create a meeting and get its meeting id and share with people only i like to join. So that i can coordinate between api and server.

Second question, according to my understanding this server will serve as the place where moderator and other attendees will come and use service. While my php code can get the backend details like my meetings and my recordings. Am i right ? If that is the case then i need some sort of user management to coordinate in between demo server and php.

Thanks for the help.

Fred Dixon

Aug 15, 2017, 3:47:30 PM8/15/17
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Chander,

> But the issue is at this demo server anyone can join the meeting.

You can remove the API demos (they are only demos of how to use the BigBlueButton API), with steps here

> Second question, according to my understanding this server will serve as the place where moderator and other attendees will come and use service. While my php code can get the backend details like my meetings and my recordings. Am i right ? If that is the case then i need some sort of user management to coordinate in between demo server and php.

The PHP library for BigBlueButton

implements the API

in which your PHP application can start meetings, stop meetings, join meetings, and request recordings.  All knowledge of users (and their roles) is taken care of by your front-end.

There is no user database on the BigBlueButton server, nor any calendar for scheduling meetings.  All the business logic is on your side, which keeps the BigBlueButton server simple (simple is good) and enables you to point your BigBlueButton API calls to a different BigBlueButton server without anything breaking (other than copying over the recordings and keeping the same shared secret and changing the DNS entry to point to the new server).

Checkout the above API documentation for more details.

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton