Different VM for BBB server and third party application

zazaa...@gmail.com

Jul 30, 2015, 11:04:38 AM7/30/15
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi,
I have a third party application on a VM which enables a final client to create and join a meeting. In the other hand, i installed BBB server on an other VM. I would like that the BBB server is only accessible from the third party application and hidden towards the client. In an other meaning, i want the BBB server invisible to the internet.
Thanks for help.

Fred Dixon

Jul 30, 2015, 12:52:58 PM7/30/15
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Zazaa,

>  I would like that the BBB server is only accessible from the third party
application

The BigBlueButton server only accepts API calls that are properly signed with a checksum (which is computed from a shared secret).

> and hidden towards the client. In an other meaning, i want the BBB server invisible to the internet.

This is not possible.  The BigBlueButton server must be accessible to the client's users for them to login to a BigBlueButton session.  When logged in, they will see the URL for your BigBlueButton server in the address bar.

You could try hiding the BigBlueButton in an iFrame, but this doesn't work consistently across browsers (search through these forums for previous posts related to iFrame for more information).

Also, even with the iFrame approach, a user could use the built-in browser console to watch the network traffic and any files loaded from the BigBlueButton server would be visible.

Regards,.. Fred

BigBlueButton Developer
BigBlueButton on twitter: @bigbluebutton

zazaa...@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2015, 4:02:04 PM7/31/15
to BigBlueButton-dev, zazaa...@gmail.com
Hi Fred,

Thanks for your fast reply.

Unfortunately, the iframe's solution doesn't fit my needs. After all, i tend to make BBB server visible to the client side. It's the only solution.

Regards;