getMeetingInfo doesn't return endTime in v0.91???

Giannis Koutzamanis

Oct 1, 2015, 4:33:06 PM10/1/15
to BigBlueButton-dev
HI!!!!

I was testing BBB API in a 0.91 server and I realized that when the last user logs out, the endTime from the getMeetingInfo API call  remains 0, until the meeting closes and you can take no more infos about the meeitng and you never found out what the endTime was.

Instead, in recorded meetings, from the getRecordings API call, you can see the EndTime.

I show from API Buddy in a getMeetingInfo from o meeting in https://test-install.blindsidenetworks.com/ server that also there was no endTime when the sessions was out of users.

Is there any way to determine end time (either from API or with another way)???

Thanx!!!

Fred Dixon

Oct 1, 2015, 4:41:54 PM10/1/15
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Giannis,

Once the meeting is finished, it will disappear from the getMeeting and getMeetingInfo API calls.

You can indirectly determine the meeting by polling the BigBlueButton server, say every 5 minutes, on the state of the meeting.  Once the meeting disappears, you will know, within 5 minutes, the time the meeting ended.

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton

Giannis Koutzamanis

Oct 1, 2015, 5:00:03 PM10/1/15
to BigBlueButton-dev
OK thanx for your reply!!

This is the way we were doing it, checking every minute the getMeetingInfo etc. But until version 0.81, when evereybody was logged out, the getMeetingInfo was showing endTime also (that was the time that last user logged out).

Is there any configuration that could be done to make this detail like it was in v0.81?

Thanx

Fred Dixon

Oct 1, 2015, 7:21:05 PM10/1/15
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Giannis,

Good catch!  We opened a issue to fix this

Regards,... Fred

Dmitry Medvedev

Oct 2, 2015, 5:05:20 AM10/2/15
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi, I solved this problem by using a server-side code that accesses BigBluButton. When the conference was created while I was recording in a database (Java Code)
System.currentTimeMillis ()

If a conference is finished by method which causes the "end" of the conference I also fixed time.
The length of the conference is the time difference.It`s work for me, when I need to finish conference using API "end".