WebRTC for Internet Explorer

abdul waheed

Sep 16, 2014, 6:17:41 PM9/16/14
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

As there is no support of WebRTC in IE in BBB. I just found this article where it's mentioned that a plugin is available for IE to support WebRTC. I'm not developer but you people can check if it has any value. Thanks

http://www.nojitter.com/post/240168442/priologic-releases-webrtc-open-source-plugin-for-microsoft-internet-explorer

Regards,
Abdul Waheed

Fred Dixon

Sep 16, 2014, 6:24:21 PM9/16/14
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Abdul,

> that a plugin is available for IE to support WebRTC

We (the core developers) haven't tried it.

If someone willing to download and install a plugin for IE (ugh), a better (and safer) approach would be to have them download an install FireFox or Chrome.

We realize that some people are restricted to IE, but I would be *very* surprised if a WebRTC plugin would work for them in BigBlueButton.

Regards,.. Fred

BigBlueButton Developer
BigBlueButton on twitter: @bigbluebutton