Flash client will work as it is in next browsers releases ?

Kiran Suthar

Mar 28, 2017, 8:07:52 AM3/28/17
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi

Thanks to the BigBlueButton team for the great work on BBB1.1-beta.

I came across following blogs which says that browsers(firefox, google chrome) are taking steps to (reduce need for)/block Flash content in everyday browsing.

I am a bit concerned that What if major browser versions releasing later this year removes support for important flash features? Just curious to know, how BigBlueButton is planning to counter this challenge going further, as HTML5 support is yet to have many of Flash client functionalities implemented.

Thanks & Regards

Fred Dixon

Mar 28, 2017, 8:52:02 AM3/28/17
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Kiran,

This thread comes up every now and then.  For a detailed response on why you don't need to worry about Flash going away, see this previous thread

Also, we are working on an HTML5 client that you will see as a developer release (on BigBlueButton 1.1-beta).  For details on our the work going into the HTML5 client, see

Regards,.. Fred

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton