BBB 0.9 export to YouTube

Marc Schipperheyn

Nov 23, 2014, 10:07:23 AM11/23/14
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Just wondering if there will be any easy ways to export content to YouTube or perhaps a video file format. The lack of an upgrade path from 0.81 to 0.9 shows that imho this is not a luxury and it would make publishing and sharing post conference video's a lot easier. Obviously, there would have to be some agreement what a video would look like given all the different elements of a presentation, but Google Hangout video's are a good indication of a working approach.

Cheers,
Marc

Fred Dixon

Nov 23, 2014, 10:16:59 AM11/23/14
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Marc,

> Just wondering if there will be any easy ways to export content to YouTube or perhaps a video file format.

It's an open enhancement request for BigBlueButton

> The lack of an upgrade path from 0.81 to 0.9 shows that imho this is not a luxury and it would make publishing and sharing post conference video's a lot easier.

What we have released is 0.9.0-beta (no 0.9) and we definitely will provide documentation on how to move over your recordings from 0.81 to a 0.9.0-beta server before we put out a release candidate.

With regards #900, there are quite a few items on the road map that are higher priority.

See recent update on the project for more details

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer
BigBlueButton on twitter: @bigbluebutton