BigBlueButton Summit VIII: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Fred Dixon

Apr 27, 2016, 5:36:57 PM4/27/16
to BigBlueButton-dev
The BigBlueButton developers are meeting this week in Ottawa, Ontario to advance development of BigBlueButton in three areas

 1. BigBlueButton Core
 2. BigBlueButton User Interface
 3. BigBlueButton Mobile Client

We have been holding developer summits every six months.  This is our eight summit.  As in the past, at the end of the week, we will give a series of presentations to the BigBlueButton community on our progress.

The presentations will be

    April 29 starting at 14:00 EDT (GMT-5).

We’ll use the following BigBlueButton server:

   password: welcome

(We’ll enable the password 1 hour before the summit.)

Agenda (all times are EDT).  Each session will have a Q&A at the end.

14:00 - 14:30 -- BigBlueButton Project Update

Fred Dixon, BigBlueButton Project Manager, will give an update on the project’s achievements this year, including the release of BigBlueButton 1.0-RC, the roadmap ahead for BigBlueButton 1.1 (including breakout rooms and closed captioning), and development of mobile clients.

15:00 - 15:30 -- User Interface

Tyler Copeland, our resident UI designer, will give an overview of the new UI planned for the mobile client.

16:00 - 16:30 -- HTML5 client update

The HTML5 team will give an update on the progress to create an HTML5 client for BigBlueButton.

Looking forward to seeing you in the sessions.  Everyone is welcome to join and ask questions.

We'll post recordings of the sessions shortly afterwards to a blog post a http://bigbluebutton.org/.

Regards,... Fred
--
BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton

Fred Dixon

Apr 28, 2016, 10:12:32 AM4/28/16
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Everyone,

A small update to the agenda

The correct timezone offset is GMT-4

    April 29 starting at 14:00 EDT (GMT-4).

The ordering will be slightly different

14:00 - 14:30 -- User Interface
15:00 - 15:30 -- BigBlueButton Project Update
16:00 - 16:30 -- HTML5 client update

Hope to see everyone there tomorrow at the presentations.  There will be Q&A at the end.

Regards,.. Fred

Fred Dixon

Apr 29, 2016, 1:39:38 PM4/29/16
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Everyone,

The room is open.

   password: welcome

We'll have the first presentation starting at 14:00 EDT (GMT-4) (about 20 minutes from now).

All are welcome to attend the presentations.  They will be recorded for later viewing.

Regards,.. Fred

Fred Dixon

May 3, 2016, 11:05:09 AM5/3/16
to BigBlueButton-dev
We finished up our eighth developer summit last week for the BigBlueButton project.  It was a great week!

Here's a blog post giving a summary of the activities as well as links to the presentations made by the team.

Thanks to everyone who joined the live presentations last Friday and asked questions.  If you watch the presentations, you'll see we have a lot of plans in the coming months for the project.  As more developers have become involved, many of the development efforts are not occurring in parallel.

Check out the presentations at the above link for more details.

Regards,... Fred