Changes not updating on whiteboard in HTML5

Jibon Costa

May 24, 2015, 5:10:22 PM5/24/15
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have installed HTML5 client following this tutorial: http://docs.bigbluebutton.org/labs/html5-dev.html
I didn't create development environment following this: http://docs.bigbluebutton.org/labs/html5-dev.html. I just installed HTML5 client on a fresh installed BBB. Now the problem is whiteboard elements not updating when I am doing changes from flash view. It's just changing name of the slider if I upload new PDF file. But chat is working. In where I did mistake?

Thanks

Chad Pilkey

May 25, 2015, 9:24:43 AM5/25/15
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
The HTML5 client development is being done on the master branch so if you want to try the new client out or build on top of it you have to follow the development instructions for any component that has progressed past the 0.9.0 release. At the moment the only component you have to build is bbb-apps, but it is possible that in the future it will be required to build the other components as well like bbb-web, bbb-client, etc.

Anton Georgiev

May 25, 2015, 10:38:06 AM5/25/15
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hey, Jibon,

Are you able to see the correct current slide on the HTML5 client? When you say "whiteboard elements" do you mean drawn shapes and text? What browser are you using? When you write "Meteor.Shapes.find().fetch()" in the browser console do you see the shapes information react to changes on the Flash client?
If you are able to reproduce the behaviour repeatedly, could you please provide a link with the terminal logs you see in the window where you executed "./start.sh"? (I just tried the client on branch master and the whiteboard works as expected for me. It might be a configurations issue)
A link to a screenshot could help too.

Cheers,
Anton

Jibon Costa

May 25, 2015, 12:17:53 PM5/25/15
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Anton & Chad, For response.

@Anton,

When you say "whiteboard elements" do you mean drawn shapes and text?
> Yes, I can't see shapes & text. But only can see uploaded/presented files name.

What browser are you using?
> I tried with all latest browsers firefox, chrome both from PC & Mobile.

When you write "Meteor.Shapes.find().fetch()" in the browser console
> Yes, I can see information in console but not in whiteboard. I attached one screenshot.

could you please provide a link with the terminal logs
> I exported full output in a txt file (output.txt). I attached that too :)

just tried the client on branch master and the whiteboard
> I tried that into my 2 VPS but got same problem :( .. Don't know in where I did mistake. If you want I can send my server URL too.

Thanks for everything :)
screen_short_with_console.png
output.txt

Anton Georgiev

May 25, 2015, 12:24:01 PM5/25/15
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
"A picture's worth a thousand words."

Please edit the following file (sudo):
/var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/bigbluebutton/WEB-INF/classes/bigbluebutton.properties

Set the field pngImagesRequired to true. Then restart tomcat7 (sudo service tomcat7 restart)
The idea is that converting the slides to PNG is optional, only needed for systems which will support the HTML5 client.

Cheers,
Anton

Jibon Costa

May 25, 2015, 12:44:32 PM5/25/15
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot.............. It's just working great :) ... I only skipped that line thinking that it will only create HTML5 icon link flash. Hope you will update docs file & mark that part as required :). Thanks again :)