How to lock viewers in html5 mode?

Богдан Концедал

Oct 20, 2016, 3:25:55 AM10/20/16
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi. I want to be able to lock viewers in html5 mode. I tried to send that (based on bbb-common-message/src/main/java/org/bigbluebutton/common/messages/SendLockSettingsMessage.java):

 message = {
   "payload": {
     "user_id": userId,
     "meeting_id": meetingId,
     "settings": {
       "disable_camera": true,
       "lock_on_join_configurable": true,
       "disable_microphone": true,
       "disable_private_chat": true,
       "disable_public_chat": true,
       "lock_on_join": true,
       "locked_layout": true,
     }
   },
   "header": {
     "name": "send_lock_settings"
   }
 };
 publish(Meteor.config.redis.channels.toBBBApps.meeting, message);

But It doesn't cause any result. What's the problem? Thanks in advance

Fred Dixon

Oct 20, 2016, 12:56:58 PM10/20/16
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Богдан,

The lock settings are not supported in the development build of the HTML5 client for BigBlueButton 1.0.

We are working on an updated HTML5 client on the BigBlueButton 1.1-dev code base.  The updated HTML5 client is based on the new UI design, see

We're working on getting BigBlueButton 1.1-beta released.  You'll see the updated developer build for the HTML5 client after the release of BigBlueButton 1.1-beta.

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton

Богдан Концедал

Oct 25, 2016, 6:30:20 AM10/25/16
to BigBlueButton-dev
Changing  "user_id" to  "userid" solved that problem, all works fine.