Please help us localize 1.1-beta

Fred Dixon

Jan 13, 2017, 12:56:52 PM1/13/17
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi everyone,

We're looking for some volunteers to help us with localization of BigBlueButton 1.1 release.

The BigBlueButton 1.1 development cycle introduced new langue strings for breakout rooms, closed captioning, and faster desktop sharing -- all good features that I think everyone will enjoy.

Some languages have only a few strings left to localize, others a bit more.  We need help the following languages

Armenian (Armenia)
Basque (Spain)
Bulgarian (Bulgaria)
Catalan (Spain)
Chinese (China)
Croatian (Croatia)
Czech (Czech Republic)
Danish (Denmark)
Dutch (Netherlands)
Estonian (Estonia)
Finnish (Finland)
Greek (Greece)
Indonesian (Indonesia)
Japanese (Japan)
Korean (Korea)
Macedonian (Macedonia)
Mongolian (Mongolia)
Norwegian (Norway)
Persian (Iran)
Polish (Poland)
Portuguese (Portugal)
Russian (Russia)
Slovak (Slovakia)
Spanish (Latin America)
Turkish (Turkey)
Ukrainian (Ukraine)
Vietnamese (Viet Nam)
Welsh (United Kingdom)

If you are proficient in English and one of these languages, please see

which describes how you can setup an account on Transifex and localize the remaining strings for your language using their excellent web interface.

This is one area that pretty much anyone can contribute to the release.  Any help we can get with localization will be *much* appreciated.

If possible, we'd like to get the above languages localized by end of day Friday, Jan 20th.

If we can achieve that goal, we'l have *very* good coverage for international use of BigBlueButton.

Regards,... Fred

--
BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton

Hadi Roohi

Jan 18, 2017, 1:42:22 AM1/18/17
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi,
I can help translate to Persian,Turkish and Azerbaijani language, but it takes time and it is not possible do it within 2 days so i need about 10 days for translation.
Best Regards
Hadi

Fred Dixon

Jan 18, 2017, 8:41:13 AM1/18/17
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Hadi,

We're not yet to a release candidate, but we are hoping to get there soon.  For members of the BigBlueButton community, helping with the localizations is one of the easiest way to contribute towards the effort of a release.

We thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Regards,.. Fred