bigbluebutton ruby gem; no meetings returned for get_meetings

nekapoor

Oct 17, 2014, 5:16:49 PM10/17/14
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I'm not sure if this is an error on my side, server side or the ruby gem (most likely it's me!), but i'm trying to use the bbb ruby gem to figure out how to get all of the meetings on the server. I know for sure we have thousands of them, but when I call, I will get a "no meetings on the server" output.

I have:

@api = BigBlueButton::BigBlueButtonApi.new(Settings.big_blue_button.host,Settings.big_blue_button.salt,"0.81", true)

Settings.big_blue_button.host,Settings.big_blue_button.salt are my host and salt values respectively.

and I just run @api.get_meetings and I'm always returned no meetings found.

I also have an issue with get_meeting_info not returning a session which i KNOW has occurred. I pass in the moderatorPW and the meetingID and nothing comes back. Something like:

@api.get_meeting_info("801f454f", "moderator")

But nothing is returned.

Has anyone experienced this issue with the ruby bbb gem?

Thanks!

Chad Pilkey

Oct 17, 2014, 6:52:08 PM10/17/14
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
I don't know the specifics of the gem, but the equivalent API calls only return currently running meetings. Once a meeting has ended it is wiped from memory and won't show up in the return values of either of those calls.

nekapoor

Oct 17, 2014, 7:30:02 PM10/17/14
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hey Chad! Thanks for the response!

It's weird because in the documentation, above the get_meetings they say that they return all the meetings on the server whether they're running or not.

Do you know if anyone on the BBB team created this gem?  Or was this a random BBB community member?

Thanks again!

Leonardo Daronco

Oct 17, 2014, 7:43:10 PM10/17/14
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi nekapoor,

I suggest you take a look again at that phrase:

    "Returns a hash object with information about all the meetings currently created in the server, either they are running or not."

Meetings that are created means that you called CREATE and they are still available on the server. They can be created but not running yet (nobody joined yet). After a while (~5 minutes), BigBlueButton will remove from memory all meetings that have no users in. After this, they will not fall in the "created" category anymore and won't be available in the API anymore.

This gem is just a wrapper to BigBlueButton's API in ruby, so it wouldn't (and shouldn't) be able to do something that is not available in the API.

Regards,

--
Leonardo Crauss Daronco

Stephen Rees

Dec 11, 2014, 7:01:32 PM12/11/14
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
I'm having a similar issue with 0.81 against a Drupal 6 install. I get a SUCCESS message on the API call for getMeetings, but no meetings are returned even though I'm active in two separate meetings at the time.

Did you ever find a solution?