[0.9.0-beta build 165] Restricted user can mute a presenter on the webcam window

Thomas Saigne

Oct 23, 2014, 6:30:58 AM10/23/14
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com

Hi !

I'm experiencing some trouble on the last version of BBB.

- (minor) changing the "enableRaiseHand" parameter does not seem to work

- (major) a restricted user (listen only, everything blocked except public chat), can mute the presenter by going over the webcam view, and it's not muted only for this user but for everybody in the session

Otherwise, I really appreciate the new features in this version, especially listen only mode, webrtc audio, and enhenced audio test when lauching microphone. Great job !

Maybe I missed a parameter in my config file ?

I tried to set showControls to false in VideodockModule section, and set ControlsForPresenter to true in VideoconfModule section. No luck.

I'm experiencing this on windows 7 with Chrome, Firefox, IE...

Have a nice day !

Thomas SAIGNE
Developper

Fred Dixon

Oct 23, 2014, 8:07:36 AM10/23/14
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Thomas,

> - (minor) changing the "enableRaiseHand" parameter does not seem to work

We'll take a closer look.

> - (major) a restricted user (listen only, everything blocked except public chat), can mute the presenter by going over the webcam view, and it's not muted only for this user but for everybody in the session.

Thanks for finding this.  That's a bug that we'll fix in the next update to BigBlueButton 0.9.0-beta.  Opened an issue to track this

> I tried to set showControls to false in VideodockModule section, and set ControlsForPresenter to true in VideoconfModule section. No luck.

We'll also take a closer look at this.

Thanks Thomas for the report!

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer