Red5 creating problem while using with the openVPN.

Avnish Choudhary

May 24, 2017, 9:24:09 AM5/24/17
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hello Everyone,

I have customized the Bigbluebutton-client and its working fine for me. The problem that i am facing is related with Red5. I am using OpenVPN for accessing BBB from remote url and when i am trying to send my customize message to all clients using sendMessage() method event, the following error is generated in callback.

Failed to send [bigbluebutton.sendMessage]: code : NetConnection.Call.Failed description : Service not found: bigbluebutton level : error application : org.red5.server.service.ServiceNotFoundException

now my question is, does openVPN stopping the red5 service or some other problem is there as openVPN also stops all network operations? Please suggest me a solution as its very urgent for me. Thanks in advance.

Richard Alam

May 24, 2017, 9:57:57 AM5/24/17
to BigBlueButton-dev
On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 9:24 AM, Avnish Choudhary <avni...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I have customized the Bigbluebutton-client and its working fine for me. The problem that i am facing is related with Red5. I am using OpenVPN for accessing BBB from remote url and when i am trying to send my customize message to all clients using sendMessage() method event, the following error is generated in callback.

Failed to send [bigbluebutton.sendMessage]: code : NetConnection.Call.Failed description : Service not found: bigbluebutton level : error application : org.red5.server.service.ServiceNotFoundException

Do you have a sendMessage(...) method on the server? Which file did you put it?

Method exposed to the client are located in the "service" beans. See https://github.com/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton/blob/master/bigbluebutton-apps/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/red5-web.xml#L62 as an example.

The method in LayoutService is called from the client as layout.foo(bar, baz)

HTH

Richard

now my question is, does openVPN stopping the red5 service or some other problem is there as openVPN also stops all network operations? Please suggest me a solution as its very urgent for me. Thanks in advance.

Avnish Choudhary

May 25, 2017, 7:57:54 AM5/25/17
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hello Richard,

Thanks for your precious reply, i am trying to enable Broadcast module in BBB and adding some functionality in it. I have configure broadcast module in config file and now i am trying to send some event through MessageSender.as file in broadcast module.please check the following code of Sender file
public function createAndSendMessage(messageId:String,url:String):void{
Alert.show("createAndSendMessage 1");
var message:Object = new Object();
message["messageID"] = messageId;
if(url!=""){
message["uri"] = url;
}

var _nc:ConnectionManager = BBB.initConnectionManager();
_nc.sendMessage("bigbluebutton.sendMessage",
function(result:String):void { // On successful result
trace(result);
  Alert.show("success");
},
function(status:String):void { // status - On error occurred
//LogUtil.error(status);
 Alert.show("failure");
},
message
);
}

The call backs in above method never called but when i alert something in sendMessage method of org.bigbluebutton.main.model.users.NetConnectionDelegate class. it gives error, that i have mentioned in last post.check below method
 public function sendMessage(service:String, onSuccess:Function, onFailure:Function, message:Object=null):void {

            var responder:Responder = new Responder(
                function(result:Object):void { // On successful result
Alert.show("sendMessage success 4");
                    onSuccess("Successfully sent [" + service + "].");
                },
                function(status:Object):void { // status - On error occurred
                    var errorReason:String = "Failed to send [" + service + "]:\n";
                    for (var x:Object in status) {
                        errorReason += "\t" + x + " : " + status[x];
                    }
Alert.show("sendMessage error 4= "+errorReason);
                }
            );

            if (message == null) {

                _netConnection.call(service, responder);

            } else {

                _netConnection.call(service, responder, message);

            }
        }

After your reply i realize that there is no service class related to broadcast module in service folder of red5 and there is no line declared like below in red5-web.xml file
<bean id="broadcast.service" class="org.bigbluebutton.red5.service.ChatService">
    </bean>

Please guide me how do i update red5 code and add service for broadcast inside service folder. Should i need to deploy bbb-apps folder again after making changes. if yes, then please guide me what will be the additional code added in bbb-apps for broadcast service.

Richard Alam

May 25, 2017, 10:30:20 AM5/25/17
to BigBlueButton-dev
Here is an example of how to send the chat message to the server. Notice that it uses the "chat" service and the method sendPublicMessage to be called.

public function sendPublicMessage(message:ChatMessageVO):void
{
LOGGER.debug("Sending [chat.sendPublicMessage] to server. [{0}]", [message.message]);
var _nc:ConnectionManager = BBB.initConnectionManager();
_nc.sendMessage("chat.sendPublicMessage",
function(result:String):void { // On successful result
LOGGER.debug(result);
},
function(status:String):void { // status - On error occurred
LOGGER.error(status);
},
message.toObj()
);
}

Now in bigbluebutton-apps red5-web.xml you have this declaration of the "chat" service and the class where the sendPublicChat method is implemented.

<bean id="chat.service" class="org.bigbluebutton.red5.service.ChatService">
<property name="maxMessageLength" value="1024"/>
</bean>
And here is the ChatService class with the sendPublicChat method.

That's the process of calling a server side method from the client.

Richard