How to use new feature record/playback webcam in BBB ?

Kim milky

Jun 19, 2012, 4:27:32 AM6/19/12
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
In Release Note,
Recording of a session - BigBlueButton now record events (join, leave, who's talking, chat) and media (audio, webcam, presentations, and desktop sharing) for later playback. After the session ends, the BigBlueButton server will run one (or more) ingest and processing scripts to convert the recorded events + media into playback formats (see Record and Playback Specification).

How to use this feature? I want to record webcam.
Thanks.

HostBBB.com

Jun 19, 2012, 7:58:16 AM6/19/12
to BigBlueButton-dev
Deskshare and video cameras are not recorded by default, you need to
turn on in red5 properties so .flv files are created. There is a
demo page that will, combine audio/video and zip these files up for
matterhorn server in the api examples.

Regards,
Stephen
hostbbb.com

On Jun 19, 4:27 am, Kim milky <dakiqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In Release Note,
> *Recording of a session *- BigBlueButton now record events (join, leave,
> who's talking, chat) and media (audio, webcam, presentations, and desktop
> sharing) for later playback. After the session ends, the BigBlueButton
> server will run one (or more) ingest and processing scripts to convert the
> recorded events + media into playback formats (see Record and Playback
> Specification<http://code.google.com/p/bigbluebutton/wiki/RecordPlaybackSpecification>
> ).

Fred Dixon

Jun 19, 2012, 8:09:46 AM6/19/12
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kim,

We've updated the documentation to describe the steps.  See

Note that the playback scripts for slides.rb do not process video files, which is why the capture of video files is turned off by default in BigBlueButton 0.8.  If you want to understand how to capture and process video files, we recommend you look through the code for the Matterhorn integration.  See

Future versions of BigBlueButton will playback captured video files by default, but for now we recommend using Matterhorn to playback the video files.

Regards,... Fred
--
BigBlueButton Developer
BigBlueButton on twitter: @bigbluebutton

Message has been deleted

Kim milky

Jun 25, 2012, 5:00:59 AM6/25/12
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi, thank for your support. I'm install  Matterhorn to playback the video files , then get error . Please help me.

Ajay

Jun 26, 2012, 11:12:04 AM6/26/12
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but does Matterhorn/BBB allow for recording of annotations on the Whiteboard?

Richard Alam

Jun 26, 2012, 11:17:24 AM6/26/12
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 11:12 AM, Ajay <ajgo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't mean to hijack this thread, but does Matterhorn/BBB allow for
> recording of annotations on the Whiteboard?

Next time, please create your own thread.

No. At the moment only deskshare and webcam plus audio is played back
to matterhorn. You can try capturing the presentation
window with desktop sharing to get it recorded.

The ideal way to do this is to actually create an ingest and
processing script to create a video out of the presentation and
whiteboard and
feed it to Matterhorn. We haven't done this yet.

Richard

--
-----
BigBlueButton Developer
http://code.google.com/p/bigbluebutton
Message has been deleted

Ajay

Jun 26, 2012, 4:16:32 PM6/26/12
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Richard. I'll look into it. Additionally, do you have any pointers on how to get started on that, or what scripts I should be modifying? Also how does BBB store the recordings currently, without Matterhorn?

On Tuesday, June 26, 2012 8:17:24 AM UTC-7, Richard Alam wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 11:12 AM, Ajay <ajgo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't mean to hijack this thread, but does Matterhorn/BBB allow for
> recording of annotations on the Whiteboard?

Next time, please create your own thread.

No. At the moment only deskshare and webcam plus audio is played back
to matterhorn. You can try capturing the presentation
window with desktop sharing to get it recorded.

The ideal way to do this is to actually create an ingest and
processing script to create a video out of the presentation and
whiteboard and
feed it to Matterhorn. We haven't done this yet.

Richard

> On Monday, June 25, 2012 2:00:59 AM UTC-7, Kim milky wrote:
>>
>> Hi, thank for your support. I'm install  Matterhorn to playback the video
>> files , then get error . Please help me.
>> I'm post question
>> here https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/bigbluebutton-dev/0AIlejldrGE

Fred Dixon

Jun 26, 2012, 5:20:30 PM6/26/12
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ajay,

The answer to your question is earlier in this thread

Regards,... Fred
--

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/bigbluebutton-dev/-/TKfH1TmAfooJ.