Moderator Timeout

Menderes KESKİN

Oct 4, 2015, 4:55:59 AM10/4/15
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hello there,

Moderator course suddenly telling the camera image and name are lost, but the sound is coming for a while. Moderator 10 minutes past the sound does not come. You need to connect again. Is there a setting I wonder Moderator time? I appreciate if you can help. My level of English is not very good.

Use our LMS: Sakai 10

Best Regars,
Menderes

Fred Dixon

Oct 4, 2015, 9:00:05 AM10/4/15
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Menderes,

> Moderator course suddenly telling the camera image and name are lost

It might be the user's upstream bandwidth from their computer to the BigBlueButton server.  If it is too low, at some point, the BigBlueButton client or BigBlueButton server has closed the video stream.

We've added logic in BigBlueButton 1.0.0-dev to automatically reconnect the video stream if the client detects it has closed.

Is this reproducible with your server from a given computer?  If so, could you connect to

and share your video and see if (a) it drops and (b) if the BigBlueButton client on demo handles the automatic reconnect.

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton

Menderes KESKİN

Oct 4, 2015, 2:24:39 PM10/4/15
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hello Fred,

First of all thank you for the answer.

Different moderators also be the problem. Is it a wonder restrictions on Ubuntu Server?

Or whether it takes place in these settings bigbluebutton.conf'?

Regards

Menderes KESKİN

Oct 4, 2015, 2:25:23 PM10/4/15
to BigBlueButton-dev
My Server Bandwith: 100 MBPS.

Fred Dixon

Oct 4, 2015, 3:17:59 PM10/4/15
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Menderes,

> My Server Bandwith: 100 MBPS.

We would recommend taking a closer look at the user's bandwidth.  For more details see

Regards,... Fred

Menderes KESKİN

Oct 5, 2015, 3:48:51 PM10/5/15
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Fred,

Moderator 30 minutes after the image is lost. We are the only moderator, we held meetings with at least 20 participants. Bandwidth of the server is high. Could there be a restriction on the computer or modem wonder moderator? Or do you have a time constraint bigbluebutton?

Use our LMS: Sakai 10

Thank's,
Regards,
Menderes

Menderes KESKİN

Oct 5, 2015, 3:51:40 PM10/5/15
to BigBlueButton-dev
My BBB version: 0.9.0-Beta My Ubuntu Version:  Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS

Fred Dixon

Oct 5, 2015, 4:02:30 PM10/5/15
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Menderes,

> Bandwidth of the server is high. Could there be a restriction on the computer or modem wonder moderator? Or do you have a time constraint bigbluebutton?

There is no time constraint on BigBlueButton.  We routinely test internal servers by leaving our webcams connected over night and making sure they are still connected in the morning.

I would look closer at any restrictions on the client's bandwidth -- they two people are sharing webcams, for example, and one person is consistently dropping after X minutes, it doesn't sound like a server issue.

Regards,... Fred