How to Show HTML5 Client by Default?

abdul waheed

Jun 19, 2017, 12:45:03 AM6/19/17
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi,

Currently, HTML5 client option comes only when there is no flash. How to show both options (Flash and HTML5) by default , so that a user can choose any one of these two.

I just noted that Full Screen option is not working in HTML5 client.

Regards ,
Abdul Waheed

Fred Dixon

Jun 19, 2017, 8:21:12 AM6/19/17
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Abdul,

In the API demos we provide and example of joining via an HTML5 client.

This JSP page calls getJoinURLHTML5

which triggers the loading of the HTML5 client by passing

   &redirect=false

on the join URL.  Using the above as an example, you can pass the users two join links: one for the flash client and one for the HTML5 client.

I just noted that Full Screen option is not working in HTML5 client.

Thanks Abdul, that is still in development :-).

Regards,... fred

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton

Online Quran

Jun 19, 2017, 3:41:41 PM6/19/17
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Fred,

Thank you for your reply.

Even I have installed html5 client and can join session if don't have flash when I start meeting from other demo pages. But I see the following 404 page when join from html5 demo page.

Best Regards,
Abdul Waheed

Fred Dixon

Jun 20, 2017, 10:00:18 AM6/20/17
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Abdul,

Did you get any errors when installing the developer build of the HTML5 client?

Regards,... Fred

Online Quran

Jun 20, 2017, 4:22:50 PM6/20/17
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Fred,

I found the issue. Actually, I replaced new demo files with old version of demo files because I got made some custom changes
 over demo pages ( create.jsp ) to make according to our needs.

Now, when I replace only 'create.jsp' page then it gives an error. Can new demo page work with new version of bbb?, if yes, what all changes are required to be done. So that I can use old create.jsp page and new html5demo page.

Best Regards,
Abdul Waheed

Fred Dixon

Jun 20, 2017, 4:29:01 PM6/20/17
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Abdul,

You may need to update bbb_api.jsp as well.

Regards,... Fred

German Acevedo

Jul 13, 2018, 8:47:02 PM7/13/18
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi,
We are having a request from one of our schools to setup their BigBlueButton to serve all sessions including those generated by Moodle or Greenlight to run on HTML5, on other words, to disable the use of Flash client.
Is this possible? Or what should we modify on Moodle and Greenlight to serve all the sessions only with the HTML5 client?
Thanks in advance for any help or guidance to achieve this.
Regards,
German

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 12:45 AM, abdul waheed <qurant...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Currently, HTML5 client option comes only when there is no flash. How to show both options (Flash and HTML5) by default , so that a user can choose any one of these two.

I just noted that Full Screen option is not working in HTML5 client.

Regards ,
Abdul Waheed

Fred Dixon

Jul 13, 2018, 9:07:02 PM7/13/18