[share]Way to change port in bigbluebutton

Tran Phu

Nov 24, 2015, 4:11:53 AM11/24/15
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi all,
when I want to release my startup project with small amount of money, so I just enough money to buy one server, that's result I must run bbb server and cms website on one server.
but my cms website need to run on 80 port, so I must research to change bbb server port.
I search for a mount of time the way but no lucky for me. Haha, now, with a little lucky I have change successful. I share this for someone who need.
Step 1:
edit file /var/www/bigbluebutton/client/conf/config.xml
replace all http://<YOUR_HOST> -> http://<YOUR_HOST>:<YOUR_PORT>
NOTE: must not change rtmp uri
Step 2:
edit file /etc/nginx/sites-available/bigbluebutton
change port 80 -> <YOUR_PORT>
#comment all line or erase all in file /etc/nginx/sites-available/default
Step 3:
edit file /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/bigbluebutton/WEB-INF/classes/bigbluebutton.properties
change key bigbluebutton.web.serverURL to value http://<YOUR_HOST> -> http://<YOUR_HOST>:<YOUR_PORT>
bigbluebutton.web.serverURL=http://<YOUR_HOST>:<YOUR_PORT>

DONE
restart your bbb
sudo bbb-conf --stop && bbb-conf --start

Ronald Osure

Nov 24, 2015, 4:21:20 AM11/24/15
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tran,

Just setup a nginx virtual host for your CMS. No need to change the ports.

---
Ronald Osure
Software Engineer

Tran Phu

Nov 24, 2015, 5:03:54 AM11/24/15
to BigBlueButton-dev
yeap, I know but I heard some issue from my customer that some request to cms have problem, I return to their nginx error page. I don't know why but I hate use nginx as proxy server.

Kent B

Nov 24, 2015, 7:26:15 AM11/24/15
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Tran

A question, does webrtc work for you if you change BBB port?

Kent

Fred Dixon

Nov 24, 2015, 7:44:33 AM11/24/15
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Tran,

> when I want to release my startup project with small amount of money, so I just enough money to buy one server, that's result I must run bbb server and cms website on one server.

We would recommend against this.  For the reasons why, see

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton

Tran Phu

Nov 24, 2015, 9:59:24 PM11/24/15
to BigBlueButton-dev
Okie, after some try, I see some problem. maby you totally right