chat-History

Alliance Ais

Sep 22, 2016, 7:38:06 AM9/22/16
to BigBlueButton-dev

  I want to chat -history,poll-history of meeting.. is there any way to get it ??

Fred Dixon

Sep 22, 2016, 7:41:58 AM9/22/16
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi alliance,

What have you tried thus far to retrieve the chat history?

Regards,... Fred

On Thursday, 22 September 2016, Alliance Ais <aistechn...@gmail.com> wrote:

  I want to chat -history,poll-history of meeting.. is there any way to get it ??

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton

Alliance Ais

Sep 22, 2016, 8:02:14 AM9/22/16
to BigBlueButton-dev

 when I Make Recording , I will found chat history  in /var/bigbluebutton/published/presentation/meetingId/metadata.xml

but suddenly realized its not found without Recording.

Fred Dixon

Sep 22, 2016, 8:11:16 AM9/22/16
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Alliance,

> but suddenly realized its not found without Recording.

Correct.   What is your use case?  Is it an option for you to have BigBlueButton record all meetings (and thus create the events.xml with the chat history)?

Regards,... Fred

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 8:02 AM, Alliance Ais <aistechn...@gmail.com> wrote:

 when I Make Recording , I will found chat history  in /var/bigbluebutton/published/presentation/meetingId/metadata.xml

but suddenly realized its not found without Recording.

Alliance Ais

Sep 22, 2016, 8:19:33 AM9/22/16
to BigBlueButton-dev
but Our Requirement is that any meeting with or without Recording gives chat and poll data.

Fred Dixon

Sep 22, 2016, 8:43:21 AM9/22/16
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Alliance,

> but Our Requirement is that any meeting with or without Recording gives chat and poll data.

That's not how BigBlueButton currently works.  It only records the session (and gives an archive archive of the recording with the chat history to the record and playback processing) when the meeting is set to be recorded.

Is it an option to have all meetings set to be recorded by default?  That way, you alway get the chat history.

Regards,... Fred

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 8:19 AM, Alliance Ais <aistechn...@gmail.com> wrote:
but Our Requirement is that any meeting with or without Recording gives chat and poll data.

gopkr...@gmail.com

Jul 22, 2020, 8:58:13 AM7/22/20
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Fred,

I am using bbb API.. where to get the chat history... i updated the allowstartrecording as true... and i try to create a room using api...i had a discussion... still i couldnt get the data in xml... how to get it ?

On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 6:13:21 PM UTC+5:30 Fred Dixon wrote:
Hi Alliance,

> but Our Requirement is that any meeting with or without Recording gives chat and poll data.

That's not how BigBlueButton currently works.  It only records the session (and gives an archive archive of the recording with the chat history to the record and playback processing) when the meeting is set to be recorded.

Is it an option to have all meetings set to be recorded by default?  That way, you alway get the chat history.

Regards,... Fred

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 8:19 AM, Alliance Ais <aistechn...@gmail.com> wrote:
but Our Requirement is that any meeting with or without Recording gives chat and poll data.

manish katyan

Jul 22, 2020, 9:18:04 AM7/22/20
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
You can get chat history by parsing events.xml located at /var/bigbluebutton/recording/raw/INTERNAL_MEETING_ID/

- Manish

gopkr...@gmail.com

Jul 23, 2020, 2:09:25 AM7/23/20
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Manish,

I could get the public chat xml, how to get the private chat which is done by other attenders to moderator ?! how to get it ?

gopkr...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2020, 12:13:10 AM7/29/20
to BigBlueButton-dev
@Fred,

Can you please tell me is there any way to get the Private chat which is made by other users with the Moderator..?!

manish katyan

Jul 29, 2020, 12:22:37 AM7/29/20
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
I suppose someone mentioned in this thread that private chats are not stored. So you may not be able to extract it.

However, I would let others to confirm it.

- Manish