recording question

Skip to the first unread message

Zeeshan Ali Shah

17 Oct 2016, 23:09:3817/10/2016
to bigbluebutton-dev
1) I noticed the following in nginx .

location /playback/presentation {

                root    /var/bigbluebutton;

                index  index.html index.htm;

        }

        location /presentation {

                root    /var/bigbluebutton/published;

                index  index.html index.htm;

        }

When playback the recordings do both of places needs to be  accessed ? actually i am planning to move recording playback server out of bbb - AFAIK if I copied only /var/bigbluebutton/published we are ok ?

also I see internal meeting ids on root of /var/bigbluebutton what is the use of those ?

/Zeeshan

Fred Dixon

18 Oct 2016, 07:56:5918/10/2016
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Zeeshan,

> When playback the recordings do both of places needs to be  accessed ?

Yes.  One will give the browser access to the directory in which the JavaScript for the presentation format, and the other is for the playback files themselves.

> AFAIK if I copied only /var/bigbluebutton/published we are ok ?

You'll need both directories (though you can try with only one -- you'll know immediately if the files don't playback).

I see internal meeting ids on root of /var/bigbluebutton what is the use of those ?

See

This is where the slides are stored when the presenter uploads slides.

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton

Zeeshan Ali Shah