Our transition from Flash to HTML5

瀏覽次數:197 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Fred Dixon

未讀,
2017年7月25日 下午6:02:172017/7/25
收件者:BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Everyone,

Adobe has announce that it will discontinue support for Flash at the end of 2020.  See

That's 3 1/2 years from now.

Flash has been very good to us.

BigBlueButton wouldn't exist without the commitment from Adobe to provide a solid Flash runtime for so many configurations.  Microsoft recently bundled Flash into Edge, it's next generation browser, and they keep Flash up-to-date for it's users through the Windows update.

The Flash client just works.  We know of some companies in the BigBlueButton ecosystem that have run over a million sessions on BigBlueButton.  Today, we see it deeply integrated into many of the learning management systems.

We will continue to improve the BigBlueButton Flash client over the next few years -- you can look forward to having multi-user whiteboard, shared notes, and WebRTC desktop sharing in BigBlueButton 2.0.

We are, in parallel, working on an HTML5 client. For a recent blog post, see

Unlike other products which make you choose one or the other, we are building the BigBlueButton HTML5 client so it works alongside the Flash client.  Your students can be in a session and be using either client.

You can expect the first release of the BigBlueButton HTML5 client before the end of 2017.  We're targeting it as a mobile client for both Andorid and iOS.

Our goal, over time, is to make the HTML5 client feature compatible with the Flash client and provide you a smooth transition.

All open source, of course.  All built with providing the BigBlueButton community the best open source web conferencing system on the market.

We look forward to getting the next version of BigBlueButton 2.0-dev into your hands.  L

As always, if you have any feedback or suggestions for the product, don't hesitate to post them here in this forum.

Warm regards,.. Fred

--
BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton

vn...@yandex.com

未讀,
2017年7月26日 凌晨12:01:272017/7/26
收件者:BigBlueButton-dev
Will this new alpha/beta have updated docs?  And can you put the docs into github as markdown?

Kirk Pathumanun

未讀,
2017年7月26日 凌晨2:10:272017/7/26
收件者:BigBlueButton-dev
Hello,

Great to hear about the upcoming features of BBB 2.0 and the platform itself is truly a remarkable piece of engineering where my business has ran over 2000+ hours of teaching and training students and personnels recorded in our servers in the past 3 year. Bigbluebutton just works as inseparable tools for internal collaboration and for clients without failing. Also if we can get some update on the WebRTC over iOS 11 application that would be swell.

Regards,
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄