Meeting Bandwidth Measurement

Samnang AN

Aug 28, 2014, 11:32:06 PM8/28/14
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Dear All BigBlueButton Developer,

I'm newbie developer to BBB client development. I would like to ask all of you some question related to bandwidth measurement. I want to get bandwidth usage per meeting after the meeting ended. I saw one button name "Network Monitor" at the footer of the meeting after i make it visible in file "MainApplicationShell.mxml". When i move mouse over on this button i show me a pop up screen which display Bandwidth Monitoring but unfortunately the number of it doesn't work anyways. I just wondering that, Dose this button track all the bandwidth access to the meeting?  If it's like this, How to make it work properly and how to get it data after the meeting ended? If this button is not work like i think, How can i get track bandwidth access to the meeting?

Thanks.

Felipe Cecagno

Aug 29, 2014, 8:31:02 AM8/29/14
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Samnang,

The bandwidth monitor on BigBlueButton only keeps track of NetStreams bandwidth - it doesn't include the desktop sharing on presenter, audio over WebRTC and data. So it only displays part of the bandwidth consumed.

Also, the bandwidth data isn't stored anywhere, so there's no built-in mechanism to retrieve it after the meeting ended.

Regards,

--

Felipe Cecagno

Samnang AN

Aug 31, 2014, 9:46:17 PM8/31/14
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Dear Felipe Cecagno,

Thanks for explained to my questions. So if this button cannot do what i want, Do you know other options to get bandwidth usage from ended meeting?

Regards,

Samnang.

Felipe Cecagno

Sep 3, 2014, 10:10:43 AM9/3/14
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

As I said, there's no built in mechanism to do what you want, so you'd have to develop it yourself.

Regards,

--

Felipe Cecagno