Re: [bigbluebutton-dev] Switch client_dev to dev

Fred Dixon

Aug 24, 2015, 7:42:07 AM8/24/15
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Griselta,

For client development, you want to leave the changes on your development setup.

The reason is when we release updates to the client, those updates will only apply to the packaged versions of the BigBlueButton client (not to your development version).

In other words, to deploy changes to the client, you would modify the nginx rules as described in the documentation and leave nginx pointing to your client.

Regards,... Fred

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 3:51 AM, Griselta Latifi <griselt...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys,
Is anybody there to help me regarding my issue.
I did some changes on client_dev and I want to have the same changes on client
When I use commands :
sudo ln -s -f /etc/bigbluebutton/nginx/client /etc/bigbluebutton/nginx/client.nginx     (I don't see all the changes I did, apart of some images I changed)
sudo bbb-conf --clean

When I switch back to my development setup, I see all the changes I did.
sudo ln -s -f /etc/bigbluebutton/nginx/client_dev /etc/bigbluebutton/nginx/client.nginx
sudo bbb-conf --clean

How can I make it possible to have same changes in same sides also in client_dev and on client . Please can you help if there is something I have to do, or do I need to make manually again all changes I did on client_dev ?

Thank you in advance,

Griselta

BigBlueButton Developer
BigBlueButton on twitter: @bigbluebutton

Griselta Latifi

Aug 24, 2015, 7:59:51 AM8/24/15
to BigBlueButton-dev

Hi Fred,

Thanks a lot for the information.
 So I can let client nginx point on my client_dev where I made the changes, so when <i upload it on my server I can use that.

Thank you & My best regards,
Griselta