BIDS Meetup in Montreal (8th of August)

Chris Gorgolewski

Jul 23, 2018, 4:08:59 PM7/23/18
to bids-discussion
Dear all,

As previously hinted we will be having an informal meetup before the INCF Congress in Montreal.

Where: Room 404, Thompson House, 3650 McTavish St, Montreal, QC H3A 1X9, Canad
When: 2pm-5pm ET 8th of August

The discussion topics will be decided based on the participants needs. We can flesh out new proposals, help with lingering questions, or work on BIDS related tools.

See you in Montreal!

Best,
Chris

PS Many thanks to INCF for organizing the room.

Melanie Ganz

Aug 2, 2018, 3:25:50 AM8/2/18
to bids-di...@googlegroups.com

Hej Chris,

Will there in relation with the Montreal meeting now also be a Skype call like you proposed before?

Cheers,

Melanie

--
We are all colleagues working together to shape brain imaging for tomorrow, please be respectful, gracious, and patient with your fellow group members.
---

Chris Gorgolewski

Aug 2, 2018, 3:31:27 AM8/2/18
to bids-discussion
I'll try to arrange for that, but it might not work out well depending how many local people we'll have. Let's see!

Best,
Chris

Greg Kiar

Aug 2, 2018, 9:47:08 AM8/2/18
to bids-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Alongside this meetup, there will be a hackathon in the same venue starting on the 7th and ending EOD on the 8th. (https://brainhackmtl.github.io/informatics2018/)

If you're in town, it'd be great to see you there! Let me know if you have any questions about this event :)

Cheers,
Greg

--
Greg Kiar

Ph.D Student in Biomedical Engineering
Healthy Brains for Healthy Lives Trainee Committee Co-President
McGill Centre for Integrative Neuroscience, Montreal Neurological Institute
McGill University, Montréal, Québec

We are all colleagues working together to shape brain imaging for tomorrow, please be respectful, gracious, and patient with your fellow group members.
---

We are all colleagues working together to shape brain imaging for tomorrow, please be respectful, gracious, and patient with your fellow group members.
---

Chris Gorgolewski

Aug 8, 2018, 4:09:01 AM8/8/18
to bids-discussion, JB Poline, Satrajit Ghosh
Unfortunately due to a delayed flight I missed my connection and will not be able to attend the BIDS meetup in Montreal. However, I'm hoping that JB and/or Satra will be present and lead the discussion.

Best,
Chris

PS Apologies for brevity and potential typos. This message was composed on a phone.

PERNET Cyril

Aug 8, 2018, 9:03:44 AM8/8/18
to bids-discussion, Satrajit Ghosh, JB Poline, Chris Holdgraf

well, Chris G was going to mention issues around documentation that I summarized in the attached doc

-- potential solutions are in there, a discussion I had with Chris H (CC) ; if JB or Satra could bring it up ..

thx

cyril

--
Dr Cyril Pernet,
Senior Academic Fellow, Neuroimaging Sciences

The University of Edinburgh
Centre for Clinical Brain Sciences (CCBS)
Chancellor's Building, Room GU426D
49 Little France Crescent
Edinburgh EH16 4SB
cyril....@ed.ac.uk

We are all colleagues working together to shape brain imaging for tomorrow, please be respectful, gracious, and patient with your fellow group members.
---
improving_bids_doc.mkd

Dylan Nielson

Sent: 08 August 2018 09:08
To: bids-discussion
Cc: JB Poline; Satrajit Ghosh

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018, 1:08 PM Chris Gorgolewski <krzysztof.gorgolewski@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

--
We are all colleagues working together to shape brain imaging for tomorrow, please be respectful, gracious, and patient with your fellow group members.
---

Satrajit Ghosh

Aug 8, 2018, 9:20:01 AM8/8/18
to bids-di...@googlegroups.com, JB Poline, Satrajit Ghosh
My flight from Seattle was cancelled. I'll only be arriving tonight, assuming no further interruptions.

Cheers, satra

--
We are all colleagues working together to shape brain imaging for tomorrow, please be respectful, gracious, and patient with your fellow group members.
---

Henk-Jan Mutsaerts

Aug 8, 2018, 10:28:22 AM8/8/18
to bids-discussion, jbpo...@gmail.com, sa...@mit.edu
If somebody wants to discuss the ASL BIDS extension, I'm available through Skype on h.mutsaerts

Best wishes/hartelijke groet,

Henk(-Jan) Mutsaerts, MD PhD

Amsterdam UMC/UMC Utrecht

Phone: +31 6 4390 8284; Skype: hj.mutsaerts

JB Poline

Aug 8, 2018, 11:12:54 AM8/8/18
to Satrajit Ghosh, Chris Filo Gorgolewski, The Brain Imaging Data Structure (BIDS) discussion
Hi

sorry to hear that.

I will have to be at another meeting this afternoon but we will find someone !

This is a call for volonteer if you are at the INCF hackathon :)

cheers
JB

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018, 1:09 AM Chris Gorgolewski <krzysztof.gorgolewski@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Elizabeth DuPre

Aug 8, 2018, 3:21:48 PM8/8/18
to bids-discussion
Hi all,

Sorry for the very late update ! We're in the BIDS meeting now --  there are three groups on (1) user-focused BIDS documentation, (2) the quantitative MRI extension proposal [BEP001], and (3) the EPhys extension proposal [BEP021]. If you'd like to skype in please let me know !

Thanks,

Elizabeth