News Literacy over the internet (repost)

Jonathan Brough

Nov 24, 2011, 7:15:17 AM11/24/11
to biblione...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
This is a repost of a message I sent earlier in the month. I plan on running the survey discussed below till the end of the month so any responses in that time would be greatly appreciated. To recap on my original mail:

I am studying whether web technology can promote News Literacy* by enabling news consumers to educate themselves about civic issues. Using an online survey I am sourcing the opinions of those versed in how news content is presented and processed.
Kind regards,
Jonathan

* News Literacy has been defined as "how to use critical thinking skills to judge the reliability and credibility of news reports and news sources" (The Center for News Literacy, Stony Brook University) and "[the provision of] tools to be smarter and more frequent consumers and creators of credible information across all media and platforms" (Alan Miller, The News Literacy Project)

Many thanks for your attention,
Jonathan

Jonathan Brough
Research Assistant, Tallinn University of Technology
Email: jbsi...@yahoo.co.uk
Skype: jon.brough