Bibo has been down for weeks

Adrian Pohl

Mar 14, 2018, 6:01:45 AM3/14/18
to bibliographic-ontolog...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

http://bibliographic-ontology.org/ has been down for some weeks/months
now so that http://purl.org/ontology/bibo/ does not resolve anymore. I
created a GitHub issue in the end of January, see
https://github.com/structureddynamics/Bibliographic-Ontology-BIBO/issues/13.

As there are still some datasets that use Bibo (e.g. several
bibliographic data sets from German library service centers) it would
be great to have it running again without worrying about when the next
outage will come.

In my opinion it is time think about other options for hosting the
ontology. If Bruce and Frederick are ok with it I could contact DCMI
and ask about whether they would take over Bibo hosting. What do you
think?

-Adrian

Dan Scott

Mar 14, 2018, 2:14:54 PM3/14/18
to bibliographic-ontolog...@googlegroups.com
+1 to DCMI-hosting!

-Adrian

Bruce D'Arcus

fr...@fgiasson.com

Mar 14, 2018, 8:22:29 PM3/14/18
to bibliographic-ontolog...@googlegroups.com

Hi Guys!

Sorry for my lack of support in the last few months, it was hard to keep up with my new position (which is related to AI development but unrelated to ontologies and semantic web).

So, I am all for it, let's see what they have to say about that.

Another thing I have been impressed with is this other PR that I wanted to pursue:

    https://github.com/structureddynamics/Bibliographic-Ontology-BIBO/pull/14

The en result is really surprising and I wanted to check with dgarjio if we could use that to completely replace the really old BIBO website (if it was supporting the content negotiation we are looking for, etc (I think it does)).

Anything will be better than our current situation :)

Thanks,

Take care,

Fred

Adrian Pohl

Mar 15, 2018, 5:07:31 AM3/15/18
to bibliographic-ontolog...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for all the quick responses.

I just sent an email to the DC-ARCHITECTURE mailing list asking about
taking over Bibo hosting, see
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A2=ind1803&L=DC-ARCHITECTURE&F=&S=&P=935

-Adrian

Frederick Giasson

Mar 15, 2018, 6:32:53 AM3/15/18
to bibliographic-ontolog...@googlegroups.com, Adrian Pohl
Hi,

Good thanks!

Lets see if this is an option and let's start working on the other possibility that I mentioned.

Thanks

Fred

fr...@fgiasson.com

Mar 21, 2018, 9:26:29 PM3/21/18
to bibliographic-ontolog...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everybody,

I finally got the time to look into this. Apparently that I forgot to
change the DNS of the new domain name (bibliographic-ontology.org) when
I migrated much stuff when we dissolved the Structured Dynamics LLC.
company a few months ago.

I fixed the DNS, and then I made sure everything was setuped on the new
server and on purl.org

I just tested it and it seems to be working as expected. The website as
well and conneg for the URIs.

Could you wait another few hours to make sure the new DNS is updated in
your region and then test that again?

Thanks!

Take care,

Fred

Uldis Bojars

Mar 23, 2018, 6:42:29 AM3/23/18
to bibliographic-ontolog...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fred,

On 22 March 2018 at 03:26, fr...@fgiasson.com <fr...@fgiasson.com> wrote:

I finally got the time to look into this. Apparently that I forgot to change the DNS of the new domain name (bibliographic-ontology.org) when I migrated much stuff when we dissolved the Structured Dynamics LLC. company a few months ago.

I fixed the DNS, and then I made sure everything was setuped on the new server and on purl.org

Thanks for updating Bibo website.

Some issues that remain:

1) Links in the top menu (e.g. Specification) and sidebar (Recent posts) do not work:
http://bibliographic-ontology.org/specification

2) The "Background" section links to Google Code as the location for the Bibo namespace document. Is that still correct?

"The specific contents of the Bibliographic Ontology are detailed in the Bibliographic Ontology namespace document."

Uldis

fr...@fgiasson.com

Mar 31, 2018, 8:46:37 AM3/31/18
to bibliographic-ontolog...@googlegroups.com

Hi Uldis,

Thanks! There are a few things that I may suggest regarding BIBO in the coming weeks. I will share everything on the mailing list to get the feedbacks from the community when I will be ready but this should correct multiple issues we are currently having.

Thanks,

Fred