working on next bfq ...

Paolo Valente

Oct 7, 2016, 8:17:09 AM10/7/16
to 'Paolo Valente' via bfq-iosched
Hi,
this is just to tell you that I didn't forget you. I'm just working
hard on next BFQ improvements. And spending a ton of hours fighting
for BFQ on lkml ... Unfortunately, maintainers seem quite deaf to the
needs/wishes of people using a desktop or a smartphone. They are very
focused only on enterprise workloads on ultra-fast SSDs.

Thanks,
Paolo

post-factum

Oct 7, 2016, 10:03:40 AM10/7/16
to bfq-iosched
Paolo,

I've read the whole discussion on LKML and I must say you have lots of patience dealing with maintainers.

Please keep doing the good job. I will always provide you with a small army of testers :).

пʼятниця, 7 жовтня 2016 р. 14:17:09 UTC+2 користувач paolo написав:

Nik Th

Oct 7, 2016, 3:11:44 PM10/7/16
to bfq-iosched
Waiting the new PatchSet, for v4.8.1.

Keep up the good work !!

Georgios Tsalikis

Oct 10, 2016, 7:37:03 AM10/10/16
to bfq-iosched
Paolo, could you give us the link(s) to the discussions on lkml?

Paolo Valente

Oct 11, 2016, 5:50:23 PM10/11/16
to bfq-i...@googlegroups.com

> Il giorno 10 ott 2016, alle ore 13:37, Georgios Tsalikis <lord.ana...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
> Paolo, could you give us the link(s) to the discussions on lkml?

Here's the last one:
https://www.spinics.net/lists/kernel/msg2354923.html

At a certain point, I dropped in. As usual, when I finished confuting
all arguments proposed, silence. Which does not mean that no further
good argument may exist against using a better scheduler, just we will
apparently not know it from the persons I spoke with so far. Quite
frustrating. I will do my best at the summit.

And now or then I will provide you with a summary of the performance
achieved by BFQ so far, and of the its scope.

As of (exactly) now, I'm finishing last tests before applying the
patches of Lee and Luca (one of my students, he will send his patch
soon). I hope you will enjoy the new version of BFQ as much I am
already enjoying it :)

Paolo