BFO Release 2014-05-03

James A. Overton

May 20, 2014, 4:23:27 PM5/20/14
to bfo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

At the request of the OBO Operations Committee we have produced a new release of the Basic Formal Ontology. The only significant difference from the previous release is the addition of a classes-only variant of the OWL version of BFO 2. The PURL for the latest classes-only OWL file is:

http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/bfo/classes-only.owl

There are also PURLs for this specific release:

http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/bfo/2014-05-03/bfo.owl
http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/bfo/2014-05-03/classes-only.owl

Please see the release notes and project website for more details:

http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/bfo/2014-05-03/ReleaseNotes
http://bfo.googlecode.com

Best regards,

James

petosa...@gmail.com

May 21, 2014, 7:21:24 AM5/21/14
to bfo-d...@googlegroups.com
Any news on a final release of the BFO 2.0 documentation? Also, what efforts have transpired with respect to revising and/or defining Process Profile, Process Pattern and Rate universals in BFO 2.0?

Alan Ruttenberg

May 21, 2014, 8:53:01 AM5/21/14
to bfo-d...@googlegroups.com

On Wednesday, May 21, 2014, <petosa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Any news on a final release of the BFO 2.0 documentation?

We haven't received a lot of feedback from people actually exercising it. If you have been trying to use BFO2 and can share your experience, it would help move the proves forward n

Also, what efforts have transpired with respect to revising and/or defining Process Profile, Process Pattern and Rate universals in BFO 2.0?

I am unaware of any recent work on this. Do you have some use cases : competency questions that can help us assess where further work should be done ?

Regards.
Alan

On Tuesday, May 20, 2014 4:23:27 PM UTC-4, James A. Overton wrote:
Hello everyone,

At the request of the OBO Operations Committee we have produced a new release of the Basic Formal Ontology. The only significant difference from the previous release is the addition of a classes-only variant of the OWL version of BFO 2. The PURL for the latest classes-only OWL file is:

http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/bfo/classes-only.owl

There are also PURLs for this specific release:

http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/bfo/2014-05-03/bfo.owl
http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/bfo/2014-05-03/classes-only.owl

Please see the release notes and project website for more details:

http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/bfo/2014-05-03/ReleaseNotes
http://bfo.googlecode.com

Best regards,

James

Bill Hogan

May 21, 2014, 9:01:19 AM5/21/14
to bfo-d...@googlegroups.com
IIRC, a year or two ago this month, there was a BFO meeting in Buffalo where we discussed process profiles, and there was some level of enthusiasm for changing the name to 'process pattern' and reworking the definition.

Bill