Where to get Co2 tanks filled, not swapped, in the area?

David

Mar 14, 2017, 5:01:59 PM3/14/17
to Bellingham Homebrewers Guild
Hi all,

I called Central Welding Supply, and the woman there told me it's illegal to have small Co2 tanks filled in Bellingham, for some reason. She said the closest place she knew of was Airgas in Arlington, or maybe try Central in Burlington or Anacortes. I left a message for the one in Burlington. I didn't see a listing for Central in Anacortes.

I also called Praxair in Ferndale, and the guy I spoke to said to call PDI in Bellingham. I didn't find a listing for PDI. Anybody have that information?

Where's the closest place to get a Co2 tank filled in the area? I may end up swapping it, but I have a brand new tank, and it looks good with my soda machine. None of the breweries will do it?

Let me know, thanks,

David

Chris Brehm

Mar 14, 2017, 5:04:58 PM3/14/17
to Belling...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately there is no place local that will fill a co2 tank. That all just swap them.

Michael

Mar 14, 2017, 5:05:17 PM3/14/17
to Belling...@googlegroups.com
It is usual to swap them. I have used CWS and like them. Occasionally there have been new ones at CWS to be swapped. I guess that is just luck.

Interested in the replies for filling versus swapping from others.

Tim Crandall

Mar 14, 2017, 5:09:40 PM3/14/17
to Belling...@googlegroups.com
I took a brand new 5 lb tank to Central Welding Supply in Bellingham and they recognized it as new and gave a pre-filled tank that was in similar condition. I think just ask for a clean tank and they'll do their best.

Jason Mantello

Bill Arthurs

David