fresh hops!

Jason Mantello

Aug 25, 2015, 3:26:59 PM8/25/15
to Belling...@googlegroups.com
its almost that glorious time of year again where the hop cones are popping off the bines.

as such, i'll be brewing up one or two fresh hop beers with my homegrown cascades, but am always looking to mix things up in that department.

do any of you have any extra hops you wont be needing? i wont be looking for a ton, maybe 5-15 ounces (wet).

happy to trade if you need some cascades.

let me know!

Andrew Richardson

Aug 30, 2015, 7:47:54 PM8/30/15
to Belling...@googlegroups.com
I also have a bunch of Cascades, but as you can see, my trellis didn't survive yesterday's windstorm.  Bummer!  Did any of your hops suffer a similar fate?

Bill Arthurs

Aug 30, 2015, 7:50:22 PM8/30/15
to Belling...@googlegroups.com

I had a trellis down earlier this summer - poor construction on my part. And now I have one trellis that was a casualty of the wind. One left standing!

Todd Quessenberry

Aug 30, 2015, 8:28:08 PM8/30/15
to Belling...@googlegroups.com
It's harvest time anyway, should make them easier for your kids to pick right?

Todd

Michael

Aug 30, 2015, 8:31:56 PM8/30/15
to Belling...@googlegroups.com

LOL I was just thinking that these should be easier to process now.  Thanks nature!

Kelly

Jason Mantello

Sep 3, 2015, 2:19:17 PM9/3/15
to Belling...@googlegroups.com
well, after putting out this request, i blew out an ankle pretty badly, so i wont be getting around to brewing anytime soon.

sooooooo i wont be using my cascades. if anyone wants them for a freshhop beer or to dry and package, theyre all yours for nothing...