May Meeting/Charity event

Joe Postma

May 10, 2016, 10:57:10 AM5/10/16
to Bellingham Homebrewers Guild
Monthly guild meeting is this Thursday (5/12) at Aslan Brewing. Doors open at 6pm, business will be discussed at 6:30pm, sampling will occur until it's all gone or they kick us out. Join us whenever you can. Meetings are open to anyone who likes to geek out on beer and brewing.

Don't forget:

- Aslan would like us to enter through the brewery via the doors on Magnolia St. They do NOT appreciate us coming in through the restaurant.
- Bring a taster glass.
- Bring something to share. Homebrew, or commercial beer if you don't have anything on tap. If you're joining us for the first time and have never attended a meeting before then don't worry about bringing anything, just come check us out!

On a different note, I wanted to let you know that the BHG is sponsoring a beer tasting fundraising event for an amazing local charity, The Bellingham Giving Circle. The Bellingham Giving Circle, through Bellingham school district, helps homeless unaccompanied minors who are in school with their needs so they can stay in school and graduate. They provide backpacks, sleeping bags, computers to check out, and many other necessities that help these kids stay in school. The club is providing one keg of Jenn Tadder/Aslan's Lucky Break, and we'll also have a couple people at the event pouring beer and doing a little beer education.

The beer tasting event will be hosted at a private residence in the Edgemoor neighborhood on Friday, May 20. We'll feature 4 beers from local breweries along with catering by Boundary Bay. Tickets are a donation of $40/each and there will be additional opportunities to contribute to this awesome charity throughout the evening. If you're interested in purchasing tickets, use the link below. Please don't share the link publically, as the Giving Circle would like to keep this as a private event.

We have 2 or 3 BHG members volunteering to help at the event, but we could use one more person. If you are interested in volunteering your Friday night pouring beer, please email me directly (joep...@gmail.com).

Look forward to seeing everyone on Thursday!