Entire all-grain brew system for sale

kelly

Feb 20, 2017, 7:00:09 PM2/20/17
to Belling...@googlegroups.com

To the group:

After much agony, I too have decided to sell my brew system.  I wanted to reach out to the group, first, before I go on to Craig’s list, and other brew clubs around the Puget Sound area.

To Chris Denny:  I wrote up my spec sheet a few weeks ago, took pictures, then saw your add, so I waited for a bit.  Hopefully I’ve waited long enough that you got a buyer!

So below is a detailed spec sheet of my system.

Kelly Beerman

360.441-0145

The costs, added up below are $3925.90.

I know I will take a hit on this, so the person that gives me the least pain, financially speaking, gets the lot.

·         All prices shown: material costs only.  No labor, welding, engineering, design time, research time and the gazillion requisite trips to get those extra parts.

·         All equipment, materials bought new.

·         This gear is in pristine shape, cleaned after each brew and sanitized.

·         No sodium hypochlorite ever touched my SS.  Not ever.

·         All equipment and fittings meets or exceeds NSF, ANSI Z21.54, UL and CSA ratings

Would prefer to sell all at once rather than part out, but talk to me on this….

What you will need to immediately start all-grain brewing, fermenting and dispensing:

§  Water, Hops, malt, yeast and gas supply (LP or natural)

Categories:

I           BREW KETTLES, FTGS., SIGHT GLASSES AND THERMS

II          STANDS –  MT / BK  and HLT stands

III         BURNERS, GAS LINES AND CHILLERS

IV         GRAIN MILL and SCALE

V          FERMENTATION AND DISPENSING

VI         CHEMICALS

VII        COST EXAMPLES OF ALL GRAIN BREWING SYTEMS – I know you know this, but just in case…

I           BREW KETTLES, FTGS., SIGHT GLASSES AND THERMS        $364 each with lids

Vollrath 15 gallon tri-ply pots:

Stable. Precise even heating throughout. Controllable.  No hot spots.

These kettles are in pristine shape.  No sodium hypochlorite – ever.  These pots are not just thin stainless steel (SS) pots with a conducting bottom only (usually aluminum).  A full carbon inner layer keeps these pots uniform in temp throughout the entire column AND holds mash temp without any need for additional heat.

·         Carbon steel core bonded with 16 gauge layers of 18-8 stainless steel

·         Solid welded SS handles for durability and easy cleaning

·         Liquid measure capacities chemically etched in English and metric on inside walls

·         The perfect width to height ratio – no loss from boil-overs

·         For use with conventional or induction ranges

·         SS steel interiors clean easily and will not react with food

·         NSF Certified for commercial use

·         Made in U.S.A

All welds for SS nipples, sight glasses and thermometers are surgical, tungsten inert-gas welded (GTAW) by the welder who welded the Maritime Pacific Brewery.

·         Mash tun and boil kettle: with perfectly fitted SS screen false bottoms (professional spacing and hole size)

•    Mash tun lid split 1/3 : 2/3 for quick viewing; integrated welded nipple with friction control for perfect height of sparge ring.

Valves:                   $28 each

§  All kettles fit with full-port, ¼ turn Parker SS ball valves

§  1/2 Material Stainless Steel Style In-Line - One Way Flow End Connections FNPT x FNPT Seat Material Reinforced PTFE Port Type Full Handle Type Padlock Trim Material Stainless Steel Seal Material Reinforced PTFE Material Grade 316 WOG Rating (psi) 2000 Steam Pressure Rating (psi)

Thermometers:     $42 each

For HLT and MT:   Ashcroft  Bimetal Dial Thermometer,  0 - 250° F,  3” dial, calibratable   Part: 30EI60R060

Connection Size 1/2 In., Connection Location Back, Stem Length 2 1/2 In., Temp. Range (F) 0 Degrees to 250 Degrees, Accuracy 1 Percent, Stem Dia. 1/4 In., Case Stainless Steel, Case Material 304 Stainless Steel, Stem Material 304 Stainless Steel, Window Material Glass, Adjustments External, Fits Pipe Size 1/2 In.,

Sight glasses for HLT and MT       $32 each

·         Stainless steel frame, glass window tube, attached via 3/8 NPT TIG welded nipple at base, and bracket at top.

SS nipples  (6) at $12 each

II          STANDS  –  MT / BK and HLT stands                        $365

This system was designed as a gravity-fed HLT to MT, and the MT and BK on one level.  If one wanted a single-tier brew gig, simply cut out a section of the HLT stand, and use one of the extra hoses and clamps included with the set up to transfer liquor over to the MT.

All clear Douglas fir with:

§  3” x 3” legs, with lockable, heavy duty castors featuring full bearing races.

§  5/8 solid planked top deck over ¾ plywood

§  ¾ ply with Formica cover for bottom deck

§  Integrated, solid plate stainless steel, rubber-isolated March pump mount

§  Removable AC extension for pump

§  Integrated Type K copper pipe (3 x’s thicker than used for house plumbing), with quick release UL rated hoses fittings to supply gas for all three burners.

March MDXT-3 food grade pump                        $168

§  All new O-rings

§  Mounted under the stand on a solid 3/8 inch SS plate isolated by rubber.

§  Details: http://www.marchpump.com/pumps/series-mdx/mdxt-3/

Wort chilling counter flow temperature monitor:           $68 – includes SS ftgs.

§  Direct-read Fermentop 3” dial, 0 - 250° F  calibratable thermostat with quick release hose fittings and SS adaptor for proper wort chilling control.

III         BURNERS, GAS LINES AND CHILLERS

Burners     $84 each

(3)  Superb PC 100 professional grade heavy-duty stoves with very precise control from simmer to after-burner capability of 42,000  BTU’s (natural gas) at full output.  Because the kettles have a full carbon inner layer, they heat quickly, with stability and don’t require the BTU’s needed for keg-style or clad-bottom only SS setups.

·         Easily converted to LP by replacing the jets

·         Large, Cast-Iron Tops deliver perfect heat distribution

·         20-Gauge Steel Construction

·         Cast-Iron Burners

·         Adjustable, A.G.A.-Approved Gas Valves

·         Quick disconnects burners - to stand

·         Quick disconnect gas hoses to stand

(2) Gas Lines         $56 each

ANSI Z21.54 hose connectors are engineered and manufactured to the highest specifications in the industry.

·         Milled-end fittings are made with domestic CA360 brass.   This exceeds all                  CSA connector certifications.

·         These hoses remain flexible in cold weather, unlike many others.

·         The fittings and hoses are compatible with Gas Flo quick connect fittings, and also with Hansen and Sturgis fittings. The SS23CG hose is designed, built, and tested to meet ECE R110/R67, UL Standard 21, 588 and 569 performance specifications.

Wort Chillers         $189 (for SS )  $176 (for Copper)

§  SS:  is a stainless steel "Shell in Tube" or "Counter Flow" heat exchanger.  The inside tubing is made from 12' of 5/8" convoluted stainless steel tubing which continually turbulates the wort as it flows through, and the outer tube is made from 7/8" stainless steel. The chiller allows you to pump wort through without having to restrict your pump to slow down flow. Use 1/2" line to connect to wort in and out feeds.  Standard garden hose threaded fittings allow the attachment of a garden hose for the water supply.

§  Copper counter flow wort chiller:  Use ½ inch tubing and hose clamps to connect the chiller to the wort in and out feeds. The water connections are male and female  ¾ inch hose connections, and the coils themselves are about 6 inches in diameter.

IV         GRAIN MILL and SCALE

Grain Mill              $189 mill         $48 hopper      $58 Custom CNC’d shaft adaptors

Other than a multi-thousand dollar commercial mill, this is the best one can buy, IMHO.

Highlights:

·         Stainless steel fluted (not knurled) rollers – for a perfect crush and intact hulls

·         Four-sided burley aluminum plate frame (not just on two sides)

·         Fully adjustable roller gap

·         Gear driven rollers for smooth and accurate grain feed

·         SS hopper with custom designed base for easy removal, and attachment to cabinet/stand.

·         Custom CNC’d solid SS adaptor with SS chuck for ½ inch drill drive

·         Want more details?  http://www.mashmaster.com/p/4571858/millmaster-grain-mill.html

Scale          $21.50 (includes nylon strap with heavy duty quick release)

AWS H-110 Plus – accurate digital weighing scale.  Custom designed 2” nylon webbing w/ quick release to weigh grain bucket accurately

V          FERMENTATION AND DISPENSING

Fermenters

·         (5) five gallon heavy duty glass    $28 each

·         (2) 6.5 gallon glass                                    $34 each

·         (2) 7 gallon glass                           $34 each

Transfer Hoses      $189

·         NSF certified food-grade reinforced hoses

·         New silicon hoses for wort chiller and from chiller to fermentation tanks.  An extra 14 (fourteen) feet of hose is included.

·         All hoses with SS clamps

Kegs           $34 each

·         (4) Pepsi style ball lock SS kegs in great shape, always well cared for and sanitized without any bleach.  Ever.

·         (4) complete sets of O-rings and springs for maintenance

CO2  bottle and regulator                        $83

·         10 pound bottle (Air Gas)

·         CGA320 valve

·         Adjustable dual-gauge regulator and dial reads

Bottle brushes / library     $19 (brushes only – books TBD!)

·          (2) racking canes / holes clamps/ tubing

·         Extensive library from beginning to advanced/chemistry, as well as just fun books.

Temperature gauge          $44.50

·         Oakton digital temp tester (model 35628-00)

Picnic style cobra hose dispenser             $14

Bottle Capper / corker      $73.90

·         Super Colonna capper/corker:  This Italian made device is burley and easy to adjust from Champagne to 11.2 ounce bottles….

·         An ancient capper, age unknown but great talking piece, free with system purchase

Bottles, caps and corks with cages:          Free with purchase

I literally have cases of bottles that are cleaned, labels removed, ready to sterilize and fill – free with entire purchase (capable champagne, German style pilsner 16.9 oz, and 12 oz.)

V          CHEMICALS and                     at least $20

·         Quart of iodifor (and smaller dropper bottle dispenser

·         8 ounces Irish moss

·         5 lbs of dextrose

·         Water hardeners/softeners’ / and other chemicals

VI         COST EXAMPLES OF ALL-GRAIN BREWING SYSTEMS

Note:  none of these systems include the grain mill, buckets, chemicals, etc. to really get brewing immediately.  I know you can research this, but here are three well known systems with comparable setups, that lack grain mills, and other “stuff” you’ll need to start crushing, brewing, fermenting and dispensing immediately.

The first up is the non-digital set up (no set and take-a-nap controller).  My system has better equipment in several areas, including the kettles:

1.       https://www.morebeer.com/products/rider-digital-brewsculpture-v4.html

$6595.  Does include one more $189 March pump than my system

2.       http://www.homebrewing.org/Ruby-Street-Fusion-15-Brewing-System-Natural-Gas_p_5257.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&gclid=CIPyq_b7i9ICFU2SfgodZ78EfA

$4231 for comparable components, but note all the extras you’d have to buy to really start brewing with the above…

https://synergybrew.com/15-gallon-home-brewing-system#

whats included part 1 of 2.jpg
detail of gas from supply to stand.jpg
gas quick disconnects.jpg
grain mill - integrated into cabinet.jpg
Grain mill, hopper, stand.jpg
Grain weighing - note plunger and hopper.jpg
grain weighing bucket detail.jpg
Grains ready to mill.jpg
chemicals et. al.jpg
stand - showing pump access.jpg
chemicals et. al.jpg
whats included part 2 of 2 less chemical stand.jpg
MT - note split SS lid.jpg
MT - recirc, sparge ring, false bottom.jpg
MT.jpg
HLT gas supply detail.jpg
BK with flase bottom.jpg
BK, CF wort chiller and temp control.jpg
detail gas supply to HLT stand.jpg

Chris Denny

Feb 21, 2017, 9:08:17 AM2/21/17
to Belling...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for holding off a bit, I appreciate the thought. No bites yet, hopefully you have better luck. Sounds like a very nice setup!

Cheers

Chris

Tim Mooney

Feb 25, 2017, 12:46:55 PM2/25/17
to Belling...@googlegroups.com
Catching up on email and I see this one.

It's been a long while since we've connected. I hope you are well these days. I'm sure this was a painful decision - always a challenge to let go of something that's been a part of ones life for so long. I remember that pain when I finally had to admit I should stop skiing - knees had nothing left in them. Id have to say, ending my brew days would be much harder to do.

Best of luck on the sale. Whoever buys your kit is getting grade A goods.

Tim

Regards - Tim