Upcoming homebrew competitions

Todd Quessenberry

Jan 10, 2017, 5:57:40 PM1/10/17
to 'Doug Burghart' via Bellingham Homebrewers Guild
The 2017 homebrew competition circuit isn't wasting any time getting started.  If you're interested in participating, you should be planning your brews now.

Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM) Homebrew Competition (WHOTY/HomeBOY qualifier)
Entry Deadline: January 31

GEBL IPA Bracket Challenge
Entry Deadline: February 4

NHC - the grandaddy of all comps  (HomeBOY qualifier)
Registration: Jan 30 - Feb 5
Entry Deadline: March 17

BREW 3rd Annual Lager Competition  (HomeBOY qualifier)
Entry Deadline: March?

21st Annual Cascade Brewers Cup (WHOTY/HomeBOY qualifier)
Entry Deadline: April?

darin hamm

Jan 10, 2017, 11:12:46 PM1/10/17
to Bellingham Homebrewers Guild
I drive the I-5 corridor almost weekly for work to Seattle/Bellevue and would be happy to drop anyone's beer off that doesn't want to pay shipping or make the drive.

Todd Quessenberry

Feb 1, 2017, 7:33:39 PM2/1/17
to Belling...@googlegroups.com
The application period to register for the National Homebrew Competition is open, who's entering this year?  We had all of one known applicant from Bellingham last year, I think we can do better than that!  At this point you don't even need to know what styles/beers you even want to register, just the number of beers you want to enter.  http://apply.brewingcompetition.com/(S(ohlz04l5zd3ikkrugxk3c3q3))/default.aspx

Also, IPAs are due by this weekend for the GEBL Bracket Challenge.  I think Darin might be running some entries there tomorrow if you want to hustle and get in on that.